TM500 Tester Board Set Deliveries

Larry McDavid

I just checked the UPSP tracking info for all the tester board set shipments mailed on 2/11/2021 and find the following on 2/20/2021:

1. All but one USA shipments are delivered

2. One USA shipment to Florida is in Orlando, Florida today, 2/20/21

3. Two shipments to Alberta, Canada were in Seattle, Washington on 2/18/21.

4. One shipment to Quebec, Canada was delivered 2/16/21

5. One shipment to Frankford, Germany was in Frankford on 2/14/21

6. Four shipments to UK were delivered 2/17 and 2/18/21

7. One shipment to Kenilworth, UK is in transit 2/18/21

8. One shipment to Australia was delivered 2/19/21

9. Two shipments to Australia are in transit 2/16 and 2/19/21

10. Two shipments to France are in transit 2/15/21

11. One shipment to Ireland is in Dublin 2/14/21

12. One shipment to Spain is in Madrid 2/15/21

I don't know what the delay in the one shipment to Florida is. Maybe weather... Gosh, there has been a lot of cold and snow out there!

The USPS tracking of international shipments has little international detail but at least some show delivered so USPS gets some feedback. I don't know if that is true for all countries.

I suggest all who have not yet received the board sets wait until mid next week. If you still don't have the package, send me a private email and I'll provide the tracking number.

The package is 13 x 10 inches in a flat mailer and won't bend in normal handling. Some have reported the postal carrier has rung the doorbell and left the package. So, this package may not fit in a standard mail slot or mail box.

Many have reported successful delivery to me and all have said the boards arrived in good condition.

A comment: Dennis Tillman, based on his experience shipping the many CRT books, suggested I ask for an emailed postal receipt with tracking numbers. That was a great idea! If you ship numerous packages at once, do use the USPS email receipt capability. The tracking numbers on that emailed receipt are actually hyperlinks, making tracking easier. I was unaware of that capability and I expect others are also unaware.

Weather can wreak havoc on all kinds of deliveries. Local COVID vaccination sites have been shut down for days due to non-local weather-induced vaccine deliveries.

One mailer was delivered in one day; many were delivered in two days. I believe we've got a great post office!

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB

-

Hey Larry,

My long awaited board set finally arrived yesterday. Only 11 days after
it was shipped! I think that I must be the last one in the US to receive
them. But everything looks good. Thanks for your efforts.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 4:41 PM Larry McDavid <lmcdavid@lmceng.com> wrote:

[...]

Ok, hyphen. Yes, you are the last in the USA to receive the boards. Possibly a weather delay. Most international shipments have been received as well.LarrySent via the Samsung Galaxy S10

-------- Original message --------From: - <rrrr6789@gmail.com> Date: 2/23/21 3:03 PM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] TM500 Tester Board Set Deliveries Hey Larry,   My long awaited board set finally arrived yesterday.  Only 11 days afterit was shipped!  I think that I must be the last one in the US to receivethem. But everything looks good. Thanks for your efforts.On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 4:41 PM Larry McDavid <lmcdavid@lmceng.com> wrote:> I just checked the UPSP tracking info for all the tester board set> shipments mailed on 2/11/2021 and find the following on 2/20/2021:>> 1. All but one USA shipments are delivered>> 2. One USA shipment to Florida is in Orlando, Florida today, 2/20/21>> 3. Two shipments to Alberta, Canada were in Seattle, Washington on 2/18/21.>> 4. One shipment to Quebec, Canada was delivered 2/16/21>> 5. One shipment to Frankford, Germany was in Frankford on 2/14/21>> 6. Four shipments to UK were delivered 2/17 and 2/18/21>> 7. One shipment to Kenilworth, UK is in transit 2/18/21>> 8. One shipment to Australia was delivered 2/19/21>> 9. Two shipments to Australia are in transit 2/16 and 2/19/21>> 10. Two shipments to France are in transit 2/15/21>> 11. One shipment to Ireland is in Dublin 2/14/21>> 12. One shipment to Spain is in Madrid 2/15/21>> I don't know what the delay in the one shipment to Florida is. Maybe> weather... Gosh, there has been a lot of cold and snow out there!>> The USPS tracking of international shipments has little international> detail but at least some show delivered so USPS gets some feedback. I> don't know if that is true for all countries.>> I suggest all who have not yet received the board sets wait until mid> next week. If you still don't have the package, send me a private email> and I'll provide the tracking number.>> The package is 13 x 10 inches in a flat mailer and won't bend in normal> handling. Some have reported the postal carrier has rung the doorbell> and left the package. So, this package may not fit in a standard mail> slot or mail box.>> Many have reported successful delivery to me and all have said the> boards arrived in good condition.>> A comment: Dennis Tillman, based on his experience shipping the many CRT> books, suggested I ask for an emailed postal receipt with tracking> numbers. That was a great idea! If you ship numerous packages at once,> do use the USPS email receipt capability. The tracking numbers on that> emailed receipt are actually hyperlinks, making tracking easier. I was> unaware of that capability and I expect others are also unaware.>> Weather can wreak havoc on all kinds of deliveries. Local COVID> vaccination sites have been shut down for days due to non-local> weather-induced vaccine deliveries.>> One mailer was delivered in one day; many were delivered in two days. I> believe we've got a great post office!>> --> Best wishes,>> Larry McDavid W6FUB> Anaheim, California  (SE of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)>>> >>>

Peter Mulvey

My set of boards arrived today in Dublin Ireland, Superb packing job by Larry, they are in perfect condition after the trip across the pond. The boards are indeed very high quality and I look forward to an interesting build. Thanks again to both Larry and Jared for making this possible.

Kind regards,

Peter.