TM500 series - no SA

EJP

I was musing on the very extensive TM500 series plugin and I noticed that everything I could think of and quite a few I couldn't think of was covered except a spectrum analyzer. I wonder if there is any history about this?

EJP

Vince Vielhaber

The Tektronix 1401 was an SA that used the TM500 as was this item that was an all in one that fit in a TM515:

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/CCS_A-7

There's a link there to the 1401.

Vince.

--
Michigan VHF Corporation -- nobucks dot net
K8ZW - http://www.hamradio.fun

Jeff Kruth

The 1401 was a standalone box that hooked to a scope. It was not a TM-500 module. Someone hacked one into a 500 frame according to the pics shown. I had several of these standalone 1401's in the 1980's when they were quite a "thing". Most SA's for hobbyist use were HUGE. Like a 1L20 in a 545. Or an HP 851-8551. (before the 141T stuff)Regards,Jeff Kruth In a message dated 7/11/2021 7:49:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, vev@michvhf.com writes:
The Tektronix 1401 was an SA that used the TM500 as was this item that
was an all in one that fit in a TM515:

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/CCS_A-7

There's a link there to the 1401.

Vince.

On 07/11/2021 07:40 PM, EJP wrote:
I was musing on the very extensive TM500 series plugin and I noticed that everything I could think of and quite a few I couldn't think of was covered except a spectrum analyzer. I wonder if there is any history about this?

EJP

--
        Michigan VHF Corporation -- nobucks dot net
              K8ZW - http://www.hamradio.fun

Vince Vielhaber

I guess that explains why the tekwiki page for the 1401 didn't mention the TM500. Those pics from the TM515 were from a unit I had. Back in the day I also had a 1L20 in a 545B.

Vince.