Topics

TM500 DM511 Digital Multimeter Service Manual?

Jared Cabot

Hi,

I'm looking for a service manual for a TM500 module DM511 multimeter, does anyone know where I can download this from?

Thanks!

Dave Daniel

On 8/3/2020 10:24 AM, Jared Cabot via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a service manual for a TM500 module DM511 multimeter, does anyone know where I can download this from?

Thanks!

Colin Herbert

I was about to link to that! TekWiki is a resource everyone interested in Tektronix gear should be aware of. It won't protect you from Coronavirus or cure your ingrowing toenails, but it does almost everything else. Enjoy it.
Colin.

On 8/3/2020 10:24 AM, Jared Cabot via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a service manual for a TM500 module DM511 multimeter, does anyone know where I can download this from?

Thanks!

Stephen

Jared Cabot

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 11:38 PM, Stephen wrote:

http://w140.com/tek_dm5110_dm511_user.pdf

Unfortunately that is just the user manual, there's no service info in there like calibration procedures, troubleshooting, parts list or schematics etc.

Dave Daniel

That is true.

There are also the Davmar, KO4BB, Barrytech, kahrs.us and other sites (my apologies to the owners of those sites for my declining memory) which sometimes offer different information, including non-Tektronix instrument resources.

DaveD

On Aug 3, 2020, at 10:35, Colin Herbert via groups.io <colingherbert=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I was about to link to that! TekWiki is a resource everyone interested in Tektronix gear should be aware of. It won't protect you from Coronavirus or cure your ingrowing toenails, but it does almost everything else. Enjoy it.
Colin.

On 8/3/2020 10:24 AM, Jared Cabot via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a service manual for a TM500 module DM511 multimeter, does anyone know where I can download this from?

Thanks!

Dave Daniel

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEKTRONIX-Ops-Service-Manuals-for-DM511-DM5110-Programmable-Digitlal-Multimeter-/370469694062

There are pobably others out there.

I assume you’ve checked Artek manuals?

http://artekmanuals.com/

They are not free, but what you get is a very high-quality PDF.

DaveD

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 03:51 AM, Jared Cabot wrote:
Unfortunately that is just the user manual, there's no service info in there
like calibration procedures, troubleshooting, parts list or schematics etc.
Maybe someone here has an original one, and would be willing to scan it for you for a small fee.
Or, if it’s not urgent, you could always wait for one to pops up on eBay or another auction site. I don’t know how often they do, though.
Sorry I can’t be of anymore help.

Ken Eckert

Jared Cabot

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 12:33 AM, Ken Eckert wrote:

https://elektrotanya.com/tektronix_dm5110_511_4%2C5-digit_dvm_1989_sm.zip/download.html#dl
That's the one! Much thanks! :)

Don Bitters

I did a quick search and found op and Serv manual on CD from:
https://www.tennesseequipment.com/East-Cost-/South-Carolina-/Consulting-/Tek-DM5110-DM511-operating-service-manuals-2-vols.pl
price if any unknown.
Don Bitters

Colin Herbert

Generally speaking, TekWiki is the first place to look for Tektronix
manuals. The DM 511 is there:

http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/DM511

What's more, it's free.
If you want top-quality scans and are prepared to pay for them, then Artek
Manuals is probably the best place to go:

http://artekmanuals.com/

I have never bought from them, as I prefer the genuine paper manuals. Other
people sing their praises.
Colin.