From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Craig Cramb
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 5:03 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] This message has not been downloaded from the server.

Dennis

Why do I get this error in some of the feeds on topics?

“This message has not been downloaded from the server”.

I will see several Post but randomly thru the conversation posts don’t show up.

Craig

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Vince Vielhaber

Are you getting this when reading with your web browser or an email client?

Vince.

On 05/23/2020 08:02 PM, Craig Cramb wrote:
Dennis

Why do I get this error in some of the feeds on topics?

“This message has not been downloaded from the server”.

I will see several Post but randomly thru the conversation posts don’t show up.

Craig

Craig Cramb

This is happening when reviewing on my iPad in the email client.

Craig

On May 23, 2020, at 9:58 PM, Vince Vielhaber <vev@...> wrote:

Are you getting this when reading with your web browser or an email client?

Vince.

On 05/23/2020 08:02 PM, Craig Cramb wrote:
Dennis

Why do I get this error in some of the feeds on topics?

“This message has not been downloaded from the server”.

I will see several Post but randomly thru the conversation posts don’t show up.

Craig

--
K8ZW http://www.metalworkingfun.com http://www.hamradio.fun

Vince Vielhaber

It's probably from your email client telling you it didn't get the message from your mail server. Depending on the way your client is getting mail from the server, if it's just downloading the list then getting the messages as you ask for them or maybe a batch at a time, you could be getting to one that has yet to be downloaded. Try reselecting it or go back to it and see if it's there.

Vince.

On 05/23/2020 11:04 PM, Craig Cramb wrote:
This is happening when reviewing on my iPad in the email client.

Craig

Are you getting this when reading with your web browser or an email client?

Vince.

On May 23, 2020, at 9:58 PM, Vince Vielhaber <vev@...> wrote:

Are you getting this when reading with your web browser or an email client?

Vince.

On 05/23/2020 08:02 PM, Craig Cramb wrote:
Dennis

Why do I get this error in some of the feeds on topics?

“This message has not been downloaded from the server”.

I will see several Post but randomly thru the conversation posts don’t show up.

Craig

--
K8ZW http://www.metalworkingfun.com http://www.hamradio.fun

Craig Cramb

On May 23, 2020, at 10:07 PM, Vince Vielhaber <vev@...> wrote:

It's probably from your email client telling you it didn't get the message from your mail server.f communications on the same subject.
Well I would agree that it seems that it is when it is trying to send a batch.
At the top of the message it says: Found in Gmail All Mail Mailbox
Then the user info is displayed, Subject below that then message : This message has not been downloaded from the server.
Further comments from other users and their comments are there. Just skips thru, some a downloaded and several are not.
This doesn’t occur on my laptop just the iPad.

I've had this going on for a few weeks now.

Craig

Vince Vielhaber

I'd say go thru the settings in the email client. There may be one that's allowing it to skip messages. Do you know if it's size related or maybe a specific user or email provider (gmail, hotmail, ...) ?

Vince.

On 05/23/2020 11:24 PM, Craig Cramb wrote:

On May 23, 2020, at 10:07 PM, Vince Vielhaber <vev@...> wrote:

It's probably from your email client telling you it didn't get the message from your mail server.f communications on the same subject.
Well I would agree that it seems that it is when it is trying to send a batch.
At the top of the message it says: Found in Gmail All Mail Mailbox
Then the user info is displayed, Subject below that then message : This message has not been downloaded from the server.
Further comments from other users and their comments are there. Just skips thru, some a downloaded and several are not.
This doesn’t occur on my laptop just the iPad.

I've had this going on for a few weeks now.

Craig

Dave Daniel

This happens to me quite regularly when reading messages using my cell phone. I have assumed that it has to do with my ISP and the manner in which my cell phone is connected to my ISP through my home wireless setup. Eventually the message gets downloaded and all is well. It is quite clear to me that this phenomenon has nothing to do with groups.io.

DaveD

On May 23, 2020, at 21:50, Dennis Tillman W7pF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF> wrote:

Hi Craig,
I have no idea. I have never heard that anyone else gest this.
I will ask Groups.io if they can explain it. It may take a few days for an answer because of the holiday.
Dennis

Why do I get this error in some of the feeds on topics?

“This message has not been downloaded from the server”.

I will see several Post but randomly thru the conversation posts don’t show up.

Craig

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

satbeginner

:-)

Maybe the email client on your phone is set to not download attachments??

:-)

Glydeck

It’s the iPad. I get the same message. When I use the client on my computer it works fine. — George

:-)