Topics

The schematic for the P6131 probe I use on my 2465b. I can't figure it out! T-coil

Lawrance A. Schneider

The schematic of which I write is in the probe's manual. It uses a T-coil to extend the bandwidth. With all the discussion about attachments, ... Further, I'm not sure how to post a photo of the schematic anyway; if someone knows how and would like to post it I can send it to whomever. I've found a few urls for the T-coil:

https://www.electronicdesign.com/technologies/analog/article/21807815/whats-all-this-tcoil-stuff-anyhow

http://wwwee.ee.bgu.ac.il/~kushnero/temp/bellert/wangane.pdf

https://ibis.org/summits/feb11/ross.pdf Mr. Ross seems to have brought it to TEK

http://ibis.org/summits/may11/ross2.pdf again, Mr. Ross seems to have brought it to TEK

http://wwwee.ee.bgu.ac.il/~kushnero/temp/bellert/wangane.pdf

https://www.seas.ucla.edu/brweb/papers/Journals/BRFall15TCoil.pdf

Back a half century ago, when I worked with Hermit Polynomials and Dirac equations, I could (maybe) handle the above references; at present, I'm having a very hard time. In any event, it is more than this second year etc student can handle.

Does anyone have a more clear explanation of how the damn T-coil works?

Lawrance A. Schneider

In my own post, 'etc student' was to have been 'EEC student'.

sorry

Lawrance A. Schneider

Sorry to be in a learning mode relative to posting my own posts.

I have up-loaded to the photos area the schematic to the P6131 probe. No mater how I re-draw it, I can't make sense of it.

AND!! That should have been "ECE student".

John Gord

Lawrence,
Take a look at page 25 of the following document:
https://www.davmar.org/TE/TekConcepts/TekProbeCircuits.pdf

It discusses a probe with T-coil termination.

--John Gord