Topics

The Everlasting 547 HV Transformer topic

leonard scheepsma

Guys,
I've once again restored a 547 almost at the edge of the dirt container, got it working (except then both time-bases A & B do not trigger but that's for later as I run an 1S2 right now which doesn't need it anyway) but the scope shows all symptoms of a defective HV transformer (20 mins show time and then dies on me..)

So, I read Chuck Harris is the man who could possibly make me a replacement. For a 549 I have as well, I got an Xfrm winded locally, but that was no success (spraying), for that scope a small blower entered the HV case which solved the problem as the temperature doesn't rise so much. For this 547 I'm very interested to have a real good replacement.

I've sent a direct email to Chuck a few times but got no response yet. He is around right?

Thanks Leonard

Chuck Harris

Hi Leonard,

I replied to you minutes after your first request, and the same
after your second request. But your spam filter obviously doesn't
like me. I suggest you check your spam folder.

Here is what I replied:
Hi Leonard,

I sent you the below message at 12:53 on Feb 5th.
Hi Leonard,

I am working feverishly on finishing my new winding machine.
It is computer controlled, and will make winding HV transformers
much easier, and more reliable.

I have been promising that I would be ready really soon now, for
about the last 5 years... I don't like making promises that I can't
keep.... so I won't do that anymore.

However, I am now retired, so in theory, I have more time on my
hands.

I will post an announcement on the tekscopes, and tekscopes2 groups
when I am ready to start winding again.

-Chuck Harris