Topics

Test Fixture Name

Dick

I am looking for one of these small boxes (around 1" X 1" X 2-3")
that had a Male BNC on one end and a Female BNC on the other
end.

Tektronix made them probably 40 to 60 years ago.

What would be a correct name to do a search on ?? Small Box
just doesn't get there !!

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

Ken Eckert

Pomona still makes them, boxes with connectors:

https://www.pomonaelectronics.com/products/boxes/boxes-with-connectors

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 11:04 AM Dick <w1ksz@...> wrote:

I am looking for one of these small boxes (around 1" X 1" X 2-3")
that had a Male BNC on one end and a Female BNC on the other
end.

Tektronix made them probably 40 to 60 years ago.

What would be a correct name to do a search on ?? Small Box
just doesn't get there !!

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

Colin Herbert

Hi Dick,
You may be thinking of the Tek Input RC Normalizers. They are cast metal
boxes with, as you say, a male BNC at one end and a female BNC at the other.
They contain in parallel, a (usually 1M) resistor, a fixed capacitor to suit
the capacitance of the input and a trimmer capacitor, accessible via a
plastic plug on one side. Access is made through a plate held in place by
four screws. Does that sound like it?
Colin.

I am looking for one of these small boxes (around 1" X 1" X 2-3")
that had a Male BNC on one end and a Female BNC on the other
end.

Tektronix made them probably 40 to 60 years ago.

What would be a correct name to do a search on ?? Small Box
just doesn't get there !!

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

Dick

That's the one. I need to find one or two to make DC Blocking Caps for my
pricey HP Sig Gens.

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ
________________________________

I am looking for one of these small boxes (around 1" X 1" X 2-3")
that had a Male BNC on one end and a Female BNC on the other
end.

Tektronix made them probably 40 to 60 years ago.

What would be a correct name to do a search on ?? Small Box
just doesn't get there !!

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

satbeginner

Dick

That's what they look like, but definitely branded Tektronix.

Another List Member gave me the right name ... RC Input
Normalizer.

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ