Topics

Tektronix tds 2014

phillip.prokop@...

Hello everyone. Found this group researching my problem. Non working tds 2014. Powers up, backlight comes on, LED’s come on, does not boot up. Began the troubleshooting steps in the service manual and found an IC on the main board getting extremely hot that the gold plating on the underside of the board for that IC, a portion of it is gone. While I haven’t gone through the full troubleshooting I am fairly certain that is the problem. Can anyone suggest any strategies for fixing that? Other than replacing the board.