Topics

Tektronix TAS 465 two channel Oscilloscope

Ken Wright

Hello All.Could someone enlighten me with details of a Tektronix TAS 465 two channel Oscilloscope, I have just seen one advertised, and from its picture it looks like e modern digital scope.
73Ken M0KHW

John Gord

Ken,
Take a look at the TekWiki:
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/TAS465
--John Gord

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 01:57 PM, Ken Wright wrote:

Hello All.Could someone enlighten me with details of a Tektronix TAS 465 two
channel Oscilloscope, I have just seen one advertised, and from its picture it
looks like e modern digital scope.
73Ken M0KHW

n4buq

I have one of those. Not a big fan of the "fly-by-wire" controls but, otherwise, a pretty good 'scope.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

Hello All.Could someone enlighten me with details of a Tektronix TAS 465 two
channel Oscilloscope, I have just seen one advertised, and from its picture
it looks like e modern digital scope.
73Ken M0KHW

Ken Wright

Thank you John
73Ken

On Tuesday, 27 October 2020, 21:03:05 GMT, John Gord via groups.io <johngord=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Ken,
Take a look at the TekWiki:
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/TAS465
--John Gord

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 01:57 PM, Ken Wright wrote:

Hello All.Could someone enlighten me with details of a Tektronix TAS 465 two
channel Oscilloscope, I have just seen one advertised, and from its picture it
looks like e modern digital scope.
73Ken M0KHW

stevenhorii

The photo of the back of the TAS 465 shows what looks to me to have slots
(covered) for PC cards. I looked at photos of the TDS 784 and the rear of
the case is different, so I don't think Tek used this case for at least
the TDS 780 series. However, since the TAS 465 is not a digital scope, I
thought they might have used that case for a later scope that used PC form
factor cards for options in a digital scope.