Topics

Tektronix 531A

Brenda

Hello everyone! I have purchased a Tektronix 531A from the evil eBay site, and needless to say, the scope has suffered some serious misshape due to the sellers packing skills. The scope arrived with the CRT totally obliterated. I have spent 4 hours with a vacuum cleaner and trying to keep the broken glass contained and I have a beautiful border collie bluetick coonhound mix from any injuries. It arrived with some bubble wrap and packing peanuts but as soon as I picked it up out of the box, I ended up with about 9 pieces of glass in my hand. let me tell ya, that hurts quite a bit. Anyways, I am here wondering if anyone on here may have a CRT for the 531A and the 533A as my 533A needs one as well (screen is really burned in). Please let me know if you may have 1 or 2, I would certainly be interested in them. Other than for the obliterated CRT and 6080 losing vacuum, this scope should work. Seems like it has been well taken care of, so clean inside with very little dust on the HV section.

Thanks so much!!
Brenda

John Williams

Hi Brenda. Your story is very familiar. What often happens is that the plastic mount at the rear of the crt deteriorates and no longer supports the end of the tube. Then when it is dropped by the carrier the crt snaps in half. I should have crts to fit both these scopes. Contact me off-line and I will see what I can find. John

Brenda

Hello John. Actually the plastic mount at the rear of the CRT is perfectly intact, although bent back possibly due to the implosion of the CRT. I think it was dropped in the front as I didn't mention that the red knobs on the CA plug in was broke in half and the lower ground terminal was snapped off under the sawtooth out jack. How can I contact you offline?

Thanks so much!!
Brenda

John Griessen

On 12/20/19 1:17 PM, Brenda via Groups.Io wrote:
How can I contact you offline?
If using an email reader, just change xxx=yyy.com@groups.io to xxx@...

John Williams

My email address should show up under my name? Anyway it is books4you at telusdot net.