Topics

Tektronix 465 vertical instability problem.

ctho.admin@...

I'm seeing a problem with my Tektronix 465 where on initial power up, the trace starts off stable, but after a few minutes starts to "dance" up and down the screen. If I change the vertical setting, it quietens it down, for a while, but then starts to display the same problem. I'm going to open the bonnet, and clean all the rotary switches with IPA or deoxit where possible. Has anyone seen this kind of problem before, and have any advice as to what might be causing it, and what to do about it?

Tim

Göran Krusell

yes, I have. I had a poor connection from vertical board differential output to
the pins on the CRT, loose cables.
Göran