Topics

Tektronix 4205 Display Terminal

Gary Robert Bosworth

Does anyone know if the processor board located in the bottom of the 4205 CRT Display easily slides out through the rear? Also, are the ROMs located on this processor circuit board? Unfortunately, the 4205 is radically different from the 4105 in its physical layout. I am unable to locate service manuals for the 4205 Display monitor.

Dave Wise

I worked on the 420x firmware. I don't remember the mechanical details except that the connector for the Option CX board (which I did) is not on the bottom at all; Option CX is vertically mounted in back, with a right-angle connector to another vertical board that's on the left or right side when viewed from the front. So that board might be the processor board; at least it contains address and data buses. I think the board on the bottom is actually the monitor. I could be wrong, it's been 30 years since I gave it a thought.

Tek was OEM-ing some monitor hardware around that time; they may not have had the info themselves.

HTH,
Dave Wise
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2019 11:10 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Tektronix 4205 Display Terminal

Does anyone know if the processor board located in the bottom of the 4205 CRT Display easily slides out through the rear? Also, are the ROMs located on this processor circuit board? Unfortunately, the 4205 is radically different from the 4105 in its physical layout. I am unable to locate service manuals for the 4205 Display monitor.