Tektronix 370 Curve Tracer - Disassembly & Switch Cleaning

Glydeck

This may be a question for Håkan or anyone else who has experience with the Tektronix 370. The switches on the panel to the right of the CRT need some attention. I would like to know the best way to access that panel and if anyone has had some experience cleaning the pushbutton switches. Any help our wisdom that can be thrown my way is greatly appreciated.

BTW, another shout out to Håkan for getting the 370 Service Manual to the TekWiki.

https://w140.com/tekwiki/images/c/ce/070-6065-01.pdf

Regards,

George

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 08:11 PM, Glydeck wrote:

I would like to know the best way to access that panel
The procedure to remove the panel and switch boards is described on page 74 (3-12) of the manual in your link.

/Håkan

Glydeck

Håkan,

Thanks. I’ll let you know how I do. Any advice on cleaning the switches? I’m also hoping someone will chime in with some anecdotal experience.

I enjoyed your website and seeing your lab.

George

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 05:00 PM, Glydeck wrote:

Any advice on cleaning the switches?
I doubt that you will have any success cleaning the switches.
If they are bad replacement would be the best. Fortunately they can still
be purchased from several of the major parts dealers for less than $1 a piece.
Tek P/N is 260-2156-00, the manufacturer's P/N is SKEGACA010 and
Mouser P/N is 688-SKEGACA010.

/Håkan

Glydeck

Wow! Very helpful. I already found them at Mouser. This also gives me a clue as to what I should expect to see when I get it open.

Thanks for the information.

George