Topics

Tektronix 317

I have a Tektronix 317 and it is not working, I live in San Diego, CA and I am wondering if anyone could recommend a technician or restorer that is in this area. Anywhere is Southern California would be fine.
Thank you,
Brock

Bob Albert

What is wrong with it?
Bob in North Hills

On Thursday, December 17, 2020, 10:41:45 AM PST, <brockkoren@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a Tektronix 317 and it is not working, I live in San Diego, CA and I am wondering if anyone could recommend a technician or restorer that is in this area. Anywhere is Southern California would be fine.
Thank you,
Brock

I turn it on and it gets power, but there is no trace on the CRT. I move both position knobs and AC coupe it but still can't see a trace. I open it up and there does not appear to be any lose wires or connections. It was pretty clean and I used compressed air to clean it out more. The fan kind of works, it spins really really slow. The tubes all appear to glow but after the 317 is on for 30 minutes it starts to make some noise so I turn it off for fear of cooking something.

Bob Albert

Well if you like I can take a look.  I'm in the San Fernando Valley.
Bob

On Thursday, December 17, 2020, 02:22:45 PM PST, <brockkoren@gmail.com> wrote:

I turn it on and it gets power, but there is no trace on the CRT. I move both position knobs and AC coupe it but still can't see a trace.  I open it up and there does not appear to be any lose wires or connections. It was pretty clean and I used compressed air to clean it out more. The fan kind of works, it spins really really slow. The tubes all appear to glow but after the 317 is on for 30 minutes it starts to make some noise so I turn it off for fear of cooking something.

Bob- that would be great, you can email me you contact information and we can make arrangements. brockkoren@gmail.com

Thanks,
Brock

oh they won't allow that email, maybe bkoren@gamma-sci.com

Bob Albert

It's called a scope evaluation board and is about 30 years old.  Most of it is a battery holder.  There is a number T-1449 on it and has 3 ICs.
Bob

On Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 12:38:39 PM PST, Bob Albert via groups.io <bob91343=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

It's called a scope evaluation board and is about 30 years old.  Most of it is a battery holder.  There is a number T-1449 on it and has 3 ICs.
Bob
    On Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 12:21:48 PM PST, <brockkoren@gmail.com> wrote:

oh they won't allow that email, maybe bkoren@gamma-sci.com

Larry McDavid

I have one of these Scope Evaluation Boards. Mine is marked, "T-1419," not T-1449; maybe just a typo.

Yes, one side is essentially 90% 9-volt battery holder.

I did not have the extensive instruction manual, however. Thanks for that, Bob.

Larry

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB

Jeff Woolsey

I, too, have one.  Mine's marked @T-1 309 just under the edge of the
battery holder. G-1432-XA under it.
I bought it for my 2440, the scope on the cover of the manual.

<brockkoren@gmail.com> wrote:
    oh they won't allow that email, maybe bkoren@gamma-sci.com
--
Jeff Woolsey {{woolsey,jlw}@jlw,first.last@{gmail,jlw}}.com
Nature abhors straight antennas, clean lenses, and empty storage.

Larry McDavid

With the several etched numbers reported, I wonder if there were variations of this Evaluation Board meant for different Tek scopes. Does anyone know?

Larry