Topics

Tekniques Vol. 4 No 8, Pages 10, 11, 16

Does anyone have any issues of Tekniques publication?
I'm looking for Tekniques Vol. 4 No 8, Pages 10, 11, 16.

TekWiki only has a few issues so they may be interested in copies of what
you have.
Contact me off list if you have the issue I need.
Thanks,
Dennis Tillman W7pF

garp66

hi Dennis,

I see Tektronix Tekniques Volume 4, No. 4, in .pdf form here:

https://ia801909.us.archive.org/3/items/bitsavers_tektronixtesVol4No04_12686536/Tekniques_Vol_4_No_04.pdf

in the file:
https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_tektronix

which provides 59 results for "Tekniques" , below :

https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_tektronix?and%5B%5D=Tekniques&sin=&sort=titleSorter

it would be nice if someone (who has access) , could place all of these .pdf's on the Tek Wiki site ?

I hope this helps,
rick

Clark Foley

Dennis,

I received a very good scan of the document from Vintage Tek. They used a higher resolution for the small print of the 405x listing for the 7854 screen copy. I forwarded a copy to Kurt R for his web site.

Clark

It is pretty clear that the articles in Tekniques were written by programmers for programmers or for people that understood software.
This is the first clue I had that ANY publication Tek produced had any code in it at all.
I have my fingers crossed that there was a similar publication for the 7854 because there were so many amazing things it could if you understood programming.
Anyone familiar with software would have jumped at the chance to take advantage of the software capabilities of this scope.

I once went through every issue of EDN, Electronics, and all the other electronics magazines from the time the 7854 was introduced until 10 years later looking for software routines for the 7854.
I found absolutely nothing!

EEs seemed to be terrified of programming back then.

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator