TEK R568

ChuckA

I recently picked up an R568 with 3S6 and 3T6 plugins. I'd like to find a Model 230 Digital Unit for it. Would prefer a rack mount unit but not going to be particular.

Anyone have one for sale or trade?

Chuck A

--
See Early TV at:

www.myvintagetv.com

ditter2

Hi Chuck,

Good luck finding a 230 not attached to a 568. They seem to be quite rare and for some reason, there are far more scopes that Digital Units. In addition to the 230, you need to be sure to get the interconnect cables. There are several multi conductor cables that would be expensive/impossible to replicate.

I have this same situation which started a couple of decades ago when I bought an R568 with digital time base and vertical amp, a R230 with the interconnect cables as a set at the Tek Country Store. I was visiting with a friend who drove us, and did not have a means of transporting my recent buy back home. No problem, the store staff put large “Sold” stickers on the set and we arranged for me to come back the next time the store was open to the public, a month later. Well, when I arrived the following month, only the scope and plug-ins remained. Someone must have removed the “sold” sticker from the R230 and went through the check out line at a busy time, buying the better part of my purchase. The staff offered to buy back scope for the entire price of the pair, or give a significant discount for the missing part of my purchase. I agreed for the latter.

It appears that this was the set up used for factory test and cal of the vertical plug-ins, as there were slots milled out of the cover to access areas of the right plug-in. Even when not used with the digital features, the scope has some features superior to the 561B. Most notable is the calibrator, which uses a crystal time base, allowing it to be used as a time mark generator for making measurements with the time base in un-calibrated Variable mode.

I have been looking for a 230 for several years to no avail. The very few that have appeared in on line auctions had very high starting bids.

Steve

ChuckA

Steve,

I have learned that lesson the hard way also, find it, buy it and take it now.

The scope price was too good to pass ($30) and I have had the manual for the 230 for years and thought it would be a good project, like I need more projects...

I'll make sure it works and then store it with the other projects until whenever.

Good luck on your hunt.

Chuck A