Tek DSA8200 help wanted

demianm_1

I have a Tek DSA8200 w/ 2 TDR modules. It was retired from service qualifying HDMI cables. The HDMI standards changed and now you need a 4 port VNA to test HDMI cables. In any case when I contacted Tek about getting the 80SJNB package they told me it was obsolete and I needed to get a DSA8300. The software would not work on the DSA8200 any more??? Once they figured out there was no unlimited checkbook at hand they moved on.

At this point I would like to explore how to get the 80SJNB software package on this unit if its possible. Anyone with experiece dealing with this could probably give me some insights. Also about the Iconnect package which again was not available. How does software become no longer made??? To be sure I'm not ready to spend $$$ to get this all running on my obsolete hardware.

Any advice? Or maybe I'll just sell it.

guy_ellis_1964

Hi There,

We have a scope at work with 80SJNB - I'll check to see if I have on CD - however it's pretty old (Windows 98).
Also, you can download 80SJNB for Windows XP scopes from the Tek website.
Which O/S is your scope running?

However, getting the software is just part of your challenge. You will also need a license code -> Google is your friend ;-)

Regards,
- Guy.

guy_ellis_1964

Hi again,

I checked the CD I have at work, its the same Version (2.5.4) as the download on the Tek website...
https://www.tek.com/oscilloscope/csa8000b-software/80sjnb-jitter-noise-and-ber-analysis-v254-including-80sjarb-v114

According to the INI file on the CD, Windows 95,98, 2k and XP are all supported.

Regards,
- Guy