Tek 7B87 Question

Don Crano <donc@...>

I know the 7B87 plug in is designed to support the features of the 7854
frame, but can it be used in a 7904 frame, or is it strictly for the 7854
frame?

Thanks,
Don

mhaubmann@...

Dear Don!

The 7B87 is a timebase that features a pretrigger aquire clock to
enable a pretrigger otion in the digital storage mode of the 7854.

It works in all other 7k scopes i own.

The main disadvantage of this timebase is that it does not have the
delta delay or normal delay for a delayed timebase. Also the
independent/runs after delay/triggerable after delay button is not
available because it will control the pretrigger operation.

When You use it as delayed timebase (eg with a 7B15 or 7B85) it will
work fine. (similar to a 7B80)

Michael B. Haubmann
mhaubmann@haubmann.at

--- In TekScopes@egroups.com, "Don Crano" <donc@s...> wrote:
I know the 7B87 plug in is designed to support the features of the
7854
frame, but can it be used in a 7904 frame, or is it strictly for
the 7854
frame?

Thanks,
Don

Stan or Patricia Griffiths <w7ni@...>

HI Don,

The 7B87 can be used in any 7000 series main frame, including the 7904.

Stan
w7ni@teleport.com