TEK 7000 latch removal

Chris van Lint

Hi all,

What is the simplest and least destructive way of removing the delta shaped knob on a TEK 7000 series plug in latch. Does the split tiny tubeĀ  inside it have to be removed in a particular direction?

Chris

Liam Perkins

The split pin goes out either way

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 8:34 PM Chris van Lint <chrisvanlint@bigpond.com>
wrote:

Hi all,

What is the simplest and least destructive way of removing the delta
shaped knob on a TEK 7000 series plug in latch. Does the split tiny
tube inside it have to be removed in a particular direction?

Chris

Nitpick: the "split tiny tube" is called a "roll pin" and you should be able to push it out using a fine shaft without any destruction at all.

-- Jeff Dutky

Liam Perkins

Yeah, I know, I remembered shortly after I hit "Send". So I Googled a bit
and here's the whole nine yards:
https://www.engineering.com/story/pins-roll-pins-cotter-pins-and-keys-selecting-the-right-pin-for-mechanical-assembly