Tek 577 Step Gen & Volt Div knobs skirt pictures needed

Rogerio O

Hi Folks,
I am in the process of trying to bring a 577/177 back to life.
The CRT seems to be working and so is the step generator.
There is a problem on the vertical circuit so it can only display horizontal traces now, but since there are no "unobtainable" parts on this circuit I think I will eventually find out the problem and fix it.
Unfortunately all the skirts of the 577 and the 177 are severely damaged so I would like to replace them.
It seems it would be impossible to find the original Tek knobs so I will have to improvise.
My approach will be to print an image of the skirt on a transparent film in a photo printer and then sandwich it with plastic films in a hot lamination machine.
However in order to do this, I will need good photos of the knobs.
I was able to find one of the 177 Vertical knob on this forum, but I had no luck with the 577 Step Generator knob and the Horizontal Volts/Div.
Can anyone on this forum take a good picture (top view) of this two knobs and post the file here?
Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation.
Regards,
Roger

Eric

Hi Roger,
There are 3 different layouts for the 177 vertical knob actually. There is the very old 2 light version. Then Tek moved to a single light version but there are 2 different layouts of that one as well If I remember correctly. Which photo do you need?
Eric

[...]

Thank for your reply Eric,
I have the one light 177, but the skirt is almost "washed out" so I don't know what is in there.
I made a test printing the image that has been posted on this forum and it seems to fit.
If you have a 577, can you take a high resolution photo of the Step Gen & Volt Div knobs and post here?
Regards,
Roger

Dave Voorhis

On 15 May 2021, at 14:10, Rogerio O <rodd414@gmail.com> wrote:

I was able to find one of the 177 Vertical knob on this forum, but I had no luck with the 577 Step Generator knob and the Horizontal Volts/Div.
Can anyone on this forum take a good picture (top view) of this two knobs and post the file here?
I’ve posted image files to the TekScopes Groups.io <http://groups.io/> photo album entitled "Tektronix 577 V/Div and Step Gen knobs.”

Unfortunately, the ambient lighting is poor (late afternoon and cloudy) so I’ve jury-rigged artificial lighting, which isn’t good.

If they don’t suffice, let me know and I’ll either try better lighting or (if you can wait) I’ll try again in the morning when the ambient lighting is better.

Eric

OK sounds like you have the Late model knob. The earlier 1 light knob was dark with a glowing number through the paint. The Later knob was a clear skirt with a back lit number. Number was painted black. Let me see what I can pull out of the storage.
Eric

I have the one light 177, but the skirt is almost "washed out" so I don't know what is in there.
I made a test printing the image that has been posted on this forum and it seems to fit.
If you have a 577, can you take a high resolution photo of the Step Gen & Volt Div knobs and post here?
Regards,
Roger

Eric

I added the 177 Gen 3 clear knob to the album as well.

Eric