Tek 577 IC sockets replacement - Is this a must?

Rogerio O

Dear all.
I am struggling to fix a Tek 577 curve tracer.
Up to now I have replaced some components and was able to obtain the staircase signal as indicated on the schematics @ Q310 and TP360.
However no signal output at pin1, P429 (output signal to test fixture).
I have already tested U380, Q450, Q384 and Q386 and they appear to be fine
It is a known issue that this instrument uses the TI IC sockets that are prone to problems.
What has been the experience of the people of this forum about these sockets?
Should I disassemble all the boards to replace them?
This seems to be a very time consuming task and I would avoid doing it unless you think I should do it>
Regards,
Roger