Topics

Tek 576

Vince Vielhaber

There's a Tek 576 Curve Tracer on ebay with just under 2 hours left. This thing looks like someone's gonna get it for the opening bid of about $100.

Item # 254726651456

Vince.
--
K8ZW http://www.metalworkingfun.com http://www.hamradio.fun

Paul Amaranth

Someone may have a snipe on it; I always snipe on bidding auctions.
Watch the price shoot up during the last 90 seconds. Given the price
these things seem to go for currently, I doubt it will end up under
a couple hundred.

Paul

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:49:47AM -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

There's a Tek 576 Curve Tracer on ebay with just under 2 hours left. This
thing looks like someone's gonna get it for the opening bid of about $100.

Item # 254726651456

Vince.
--
K8ZW http://www.metalworkingfun.com http://www.hamradio.fun

!DSPAM:5f73499c46411785229884!
paul@... | Unix/Linux - We don't do windows

Vince Vielhaber

I do the same thing, it's just odd that it only has the opening bid. Maybe something to do with the shipping...

Vince.

On 09/29/2020 11:08 AM, Paul Amaranth wrote:
Someone may have a snipe on it; I always snipe on bidding auctions.
Watch the price shoot up during the last 90 seconds. Given the price
these things seem to go for currently, I doubt it will end up under
a couple hundred.

Paul

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:49:47AM -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

There's a Tek 576 Curve Tracer on ebay with just under 2 hours left. This
thing looks like someone's gonna get it for the opening bid of about $100.

Item # 254726651456

Vince.
--
K8ZW http://www.metalworkingfun.com http://www.hamradio.fun

!DSPAM:5f73499c46411785229884!

Michael W. Lynch

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:27 AM, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

I do the same thing, it's just odd that it only has the opening bid. Maybe
something to do with the shipping...

Vince.
Shipping is by "freight" and that typically will cost between $200 and $700, depending on where it is going and if the buyer wants door to door service or pick up at terminal service. The freight is going to be considerable and their is going to be a lot of last minute bids. I'm betting that the snipers are all over this one.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Paul Amaranth

Winning bid was $228.50, not a bad price but who knows what freight will be.

Paul

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 08:31:56AM -0700, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:27 AM, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

I do the same thing, it's just odd that it only has the opening bid. Maybe
something to do with the shipping...

Vince.
Shipping is by "freight" and that typically will cost between $200 and $700, depending on where it is going and if the buyer wants door to door service or pick up at terminal service. The freight is going to be considerable and their is going to be a lot of last minute bids. I'm betting that the snipers are all over this one.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

!DSPAM:5f73537547861162972730!
paul@... | Unix/Linux - We don't do windows

Vince Vielhaber

Wasn't a snipe either, the last bid was 4 minutes before the end of the auction.

Vince.

On 09/29/2020 12:38 PM, Paul Amaranth wrote:
[...]

My bet is that the undisclosed freight charges would have made some people nervous about bidding. I was mildly interested, but not enough to put in a bid. The seller quoted "About $200" freight to a terminal near to my location.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

-

FYI The seller quoted me $200 for shipping (freight) to Florida. I'm
already working on a project 576 so I passed but I was sorely tempted. I
was also concerned that "Freight" shipping would mean that I need to unload
it at a loading dock.

wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:27 AM, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

I do the same thing, it's just odd that it only has the opening bid.
Maybe
something to do with the shipping...

Vince.
Shipping is by "freight" and that typically will cost between $200 and
$700, depending on where it is going and if the buyer wants door to door
service or pick up at terminal service. The freight is going to be
considerable and their is going to be a lot of last minute bids. I'm
betting that the snipers are all over this one.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

!DSPAM:5f73537547861162972730!
paul@... | Unix/Linux - We don't do windows

Eric

I deal with freight shipments regularly. It can certainly mean that. They
will also do lift gate services as well but often you have to pay extra for
that.

Eric