Tek 492BP age and does it have surface mount parts sn B0303xx

Edward Prest

S/N B0303xx 492BP
The production date seems to be around 1989 or so, can someone confirm that?

I am looking to buy one but it would be nice to know if there were no surface mount caps in it.

Edward Prest

Looks like the Logamp board has the infamous sm caps, but seems repairable.
Anyway, I purchased the 492bp sight unseen and it's on its way.

Thomas S. Knutsen

Be aware that some have SMD caps and some don't. I have a 1989 model that
only had SMD caps on one digital board, not on the log-amp board.

Extenders are from time to time available from Norway Labs in the US.

BR.
Thomas.

--
With Best regards, Thomas S. Knutsen.

Richard in Edenton NC

You know it might work fine regardless of its age. I have one that I only use to look at radio repeater interference with like once every couple of years. It still works great and I have never had a cap problem.

73 Richard W4MCD

Edward Prest

I contacted Norway and they don't have anything.