Topics

Tek 2430A collapsed screen image

jwdtek@...

Does anyone know what can cause the screen image to collapse and only show a large dot in the middle of the screen on a TEK 2430? I'm new to this group. I post a photo in "Tek 2430A collapse Screen image"

Thanks!

Szabolcs Szigeti

Hi,

This could be a lot of things. But the first thing is to check the power
supplies. If you don't have the service manual, first get it from for
example TekWiki: http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/2430
Check all the power rails for proper voltage and ripple. If they are not
good, chances are that you have bad caps in the PSU, common for this model
r have a shorted cap on one of the boards.
Also check the interconnecting cables between the boards.
These are the checks I would do first.

Szabolcs

<jwdtek@...> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. okt. 21., Sze, 6:39):

Does anyone know what can cause the screen image to collapse and only show
a large dot in the middle of the screen on a TEK 2430? I'm new to this
group. I post a photo in "Tek 2430A collapse Screen image"

Thanks!

Tom Lee

Hi Szabolcs,

By any chance, are you related at all to the violinist Joseph Szigeti?

--Cheers,
Tom

--
Prof. Thomas H. Lee