Tek 22XX Fans

Roy Morgan

Tek Folks,

Mu 2215A has a fan-like exit port at the back. Does it have a fan?

If not, does it need one? If so, I assume there are list threads about it.

(I have not taken it out of the case to find out.(

Roy

On May 9, 2021, at 11:42 AM, satbeginner <castellcorunas@gmail.com> wrote:
Re: [TekScopes] Problems with t935a HV supply
The new one (HV transformer) performed perfectly, so I added the fan ( as in many 22xx scopes) and performed a full calibration.

Leo

Roy Morgan
K1LKY since 1958
k1lky68@gmail.com
Western Mass

satbeginner

Hi,

I repaired several 2213, 2215 and 2235 scopes, and with all of them I added the fan.
It's a simple 60x60mm 12VDC fan, and with most of the main PCB's the print already has place to put the one resistor, one diode and one capacitor.
I do this because the main course if failure is the secondary switcher, and sometimes the transformer.

Recently I worked on a 2236, and that one had the fan already.

Direction of the airflow is from the inside towards the outside of the scope.

Un saludo,

Leo

Jared Cabot

I've uploaded two images detailing how I added a fan into my 2235. As Leo mentioned, it's just a couple of components to add.
It should be roughly equivalent for other 22xx models too.