Topics

Tek 224 repair

Fred S.

I got a Tek 224 a few weeks back, that seemed to be completely dead.
I found a defective high voltage ceramic cap and the high voltage transformer had an internal short.
Replaced the transformer with one out of a Tek 222A and the cap. Finally I got the scope back to work, so I thought.
But the trace(s) (ch1 or ch2) are only half length, they start in the correct position on the left edge of the grid, but end in the middle of the screen. The readout is in the correct position on both halves. If I turn on the horizontal X10, the traces are full length.
Did anybody see that issue before?

--
Best regards,

Fred S.