Topics

Tek 1A5 and 132 on eBay for 85 bucks

John Williams

Here is a 1A5 in a 132 for $85. Looks pretty nice but no pictures of it working. Still a good price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-1A5-Differential-Amplifier-in-a-Tek-132-Power-Unit-Vintage/324480953564?hash=item4b8c926cdc:g:GvEAAOSws2dgIuH3

snapdiode

That's a fantastic find! I recommend anyone to snap it up! I already have these so ...

snapdiode

I have a lot of power here! Someone just snapped it up! Congratulations!

We're twins now!

snapdiode

Weird, eBay says "This item is out of stock" instead of sold... I hope the seller didn't pull it to get a higher price elsewhere...

Gary Robert Bosworth

I often worry about bidding against the seller. It would be so easy for
this to happen. No one could detect a ghost bidder who is in cahoots with
the seller.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021, 16:09 snapdiode via groups.io <snapdiode=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Weird, eBay says "This item is out of stock" instead of sold... I hope the
seller didn't pull it to get a higher price elsewhere...

John Williams

This item was not on a bidding auction. It was buy it now. So it I a safe thing to do. When the item is purchased the seller has the option to indicate that he has no more of these available. Then the out of stock shows. Sold is only shown if it is a bidding auction.

snapdiode

Well I'm not a very experienced seller, but my few BIN listings show as "this listing has ended" and "sold" superposed on the photos when it sells, as well as a "see original listing" link.

I see no options to indicate anything after a sale for my items.

John Williams

Yes I am probably not remembering this correctly. It has been a few years since I had a selling business on eBay. So I guess I really don’t know why it says that on some items. Unfortunately I still am a buyer. The Covid thing seems to have left me with more money to spend on eBay now that we are not able to travel, cruise, and do a lot of other things. Plus I am getting pretty sick of being housebound. I should be doing some of these projects I have lined up. Feet of clay.

snapdiode

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 05:31 PM, Gary Robert Bosworth wrote:

I often worry about bidding against the seller. It would be so easy for this to happen. No one could detect a ghost bidder who is in cahoots with the seller.

I think eBay has ways to flag that pretty quickly. It was a problem years ago.

John Kolb

If the seller has an account to sell multiple identical tems on a single listing, "This item is out of stock" would be suitable. The seller has a storefront and some of his for sale items, such as
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hewlett-Packard-3400A-RMS-Voltmeter-0-300-Volts/224313093593?epid=1100607878&hash=item343a1a2dd9:g:28MAAOSwKN5gGGRu> 1 remaining at this time,
are for multiple items.

On 2/9/2021 7:15 PM, snapdiode via groups.io wrote:
Well I'm not a very experienced seller, but my few BIN listings show as "this listing has ended" and "sold" superposed on the photos when it sells, as well as a "see original listing" link.
I see no options to indicate anything after a sale for my items.

snapdiode

Now it says "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

The original listing is still visible and it is not a multiple item auction.

I'm sad that the bargain is no longer available.

shalopt

Had that happen a few times. I think the seller decides they have the price
to low or got a buyer outside of E Bay. Not suppose to but they do.
gary g

snapdiode

Yap. That's what I think too. I haven't seen a 132 in ten years?