Topics

Tek 11000 Series Scope

Larry McDavid

Does anyone here have a Tek 11000 series scope in use?

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB

Clark Foley

Yes. I have an 11301A on my bench that is my first choice for general things and, of course, counter/timer measurements. Other scopes join the party as needed.
Regards,
Clark

Vince Vielhaber

Yep, I have an 11402. Also have a spare and an 11403 (color) with a bad backplane that I haven't bothered fixing yet.

Vince.

On 06/13/2020 01:57 AM, Larry McDavid wrote:
Does anyone here have a Tek 11000 series scope in use?

Chuck Harris

I'm kind of fond of the 11801C. Does that count?

-Chuck Harris

Larry McDavid wrote:

Does anyone here have a Tek 11000 series scope in use?

Tom Norman

A yes vote for me, Chuck.

A DSA602A, known here as the refrigerator, has my bench shelf nearing collapse and I refuse to remove it. In a few more years, I may have to install a lifting eye and davit though. It gets used far more than the 7603, 7904 or the Rigol I just bought. And it rarely gets used to 10% of it's bandwidth or 10% of it's measurement, math and triggering capabilities. Extended service info (schematics, etc) is available for most of the amps, but I think extended service manuals are only available for the 11300 series. Otherwise, it's board level service information for the mainframes. Human interface is a bit bothersome though. I really don't like having to drill into menus to make a simple trigger change. Very cool piece of equipment IMHO.

Tom

ArtekManuals <manuals@...>

We have the Extended Service info for the 11401 but not the others

Dave
manuals@...

On 6/14/2020 11:39 AM, TekTom wrote:
but I think extended service manuals are only available for the 11300 series. Otherwise, it's board level service information for the mainframes.
--
Dave
Manuals@...
www.ArtekManuals.com

Hi Larry,
I have an 11403A.
Dennis Tillman W7pF

Does anyone here have a Tek 11000 series scope in use?

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB

Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

n4mf_sc

Yes I have a 11402 and a 11401 and I can fit the 11A34, 11A52, 11A72 and 11A71 between the 2 as needed.

Mitch
N4MF

gjm45janssen

I have an 11402 (as backup), a 11403A (my scope for regular use) and a CSA803A with software upgrade to the CSA803C, i.e. no prescaler upgrade.

Kind regards,
Gerard Janssen

Reginald Beardsley

I use my 11801 a *lot*, particularly with an SD-24 for testing RF connectors and cables.

I missed a chance at an 11801C, but am continuing to look for one.

Reg

Steve Wiseman

I'm an addict - 11302, 11302A and two broken DSA602s - the 11302s are my
daily drivers, and the DSA602s were, too. Now I have a DSA70604 for all my
high speed storage needs, but I do miss plugins!
I really don't think the power supplies in these things like 240V, as I've
had to replace too many (and don't have a good track record on repairs).
New lab has a massive 240V->110V power conditioner so they'll feel at home
and not blow up so much.

Steve

I have a 11301 as my bench scope which I wouldn't trade for anything (except maybe a 11301A) and a CSA803A.
I also have a not very much used 11403, two DSA602, a 11401 and way too many plugins.

/Håkan

Steve Wiseman

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 at 15:40, zenith5106 <hahi@...> wrote:

I have a 11301 as my bench scope which I wouldn't trade for anything
(except maybe a 11301A)
Ah, why a 11301 over a 11302? The annoyances of the MCP not being worth the
extra 100MHz?. Now I come to think of it, you might well be right. BRB,
ebay...

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 07:50 PM, Steve Wiseman wrote:

Ah, why a 11301 over a 11302?
Larger and brighter CRT

The annoyances of the MCP not being worth the > extra 100MHz?.
No not really, if I want B/W I could always use one of the other 11k's, my
TDS784A or TDS3014B hacked to 600MHz.

/Håkan

Larry,
Now that 13 of us have responded affirmatively would it be too much to ask why you wanted to know?
Dennis Tillman W7pF

Does anyone here have a Tek 11000 series scope in use?

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB

Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Larry McDavid

I am trying to find a good home for the 016-0829-00 blank plug in I have and cannot use. I sent you another email about it.

Larry