Topics

Tek222 Li+ Battery Replacement Kit - Status Update and Cable Upgrade Offer

Jeff Davis

All,

I'm pleased to inform you that I recently shipped the last of the Tek 222 Battery Replacement Kits from the first group buy. The proceeds from that buy were sufficient to allow me to place a second order without needing to ask for advance deposits. Thanks very much to all of you who participated in the group buy. The second order is due to arrive on Monday.

One frequently heard comment on the kit was that the cable from the charger to the scope wasn't sufficiently secure - it tended to slip off of the 3-pin header on the charger or the one on the scope. In addition, some said the cable wasn't flexible enough.

In light of those comments, I've developed an upgrade kit which adds latched connectors on both ends, plus a latched 3 pin header that can replace the one on the original circuit board and changed the wires from AWG 22 to AWG 24. I'm making this kit available to members of the group at no charge, save the cost of shipping. If you'd like to take advantage of this, use checkout code TEKSCOPES-CABLE at the following link: https://www.n0dy.com/product/cable-upgrade/

Jeff / N0DY
www.n0dy.com