Topics

TDS 68x Fan replacement

Rogerio O

Dear all,
I have a TDS 684A with a very noisy fan.
I searched this forum ( Google it) for a replacement and or mod but I could not find any information at all.
Any suggestions?

Tom Bowers

Rogerio,

I had the same issue on a TDS684B. I removed the fan, peeled off the label
and popped off the rubber cap. Then the bearing was exposed and I added 2
or 3 drops of oil. Slide the impeller in and out to get the oil all the way
along the bearing and then reassemble. I use either 3 in 1 oil or a good
synthetic motor oil, whatever is handy. This solved my problem. Good Luck,

Tom Bowers
PVH Engineering

"I have a TDS 684A with a very noisy fan. ------ Any suggestions?"

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 8:06 AM Rogerio O <@rodd414> wrote:

Dear all,
I have a TDS 684A with a very noisy fan.
I searched this forum ( Google it) for a replacement and or mod but I
could not find any information at all.
Any suggestions?

Rogerio O

That worked for me also.