Topics

TDS 510a/640a memory locations

Derek Chauran

Hello - I have a TDS510a and a TDS640a, both have working batteries, but who knows for how long (I neglected to check the date codes when I had them apart). I have run tekfwtool and backed them up using the default commands listed on the docs, but I am not sure if those memory addresses are correct for these scopes, nor how to verify without risking my poor scopes (I don't own a floppy drive).

Does anyone know the firmware & eeprom locations for these scopes? Will this back up the calibration constants as well? Is there a way to view the calibration constants?

Thanks,
Derek

Steve Hendrix

At 2020-11-13 03:58 PM, you wrote:
Does anyone know the firmware & eeprom locations for these scopes? Will this back up the calibration constants as well? Is there a way to view the calibration constants?
I'm lurking with much interest. I have a TDS784C, a TDS220, an HP34401A, an HP4263A, an HP8595E, and an HP8714E, all of which are fairly long in the tooth and I'd like to save the firmware images while they're still working. The GPIB commands for such are apparently a fairly closely held secret. Can anyone offer a reference, or a generic set of commands, to save firmware images for any or all of the above? I realize I'm on the "wrong" list for the HP gear, but I get a strong sense that most members here are also on the HP list, so I'm not duplicating my post.

Steve Hendrix