Topics

TDS820 help

george gonzalez <grg2gonzalez@...>

I bought an old TDS820 with a somewhat blown second channel.

It “works” and seems to be mighty speedy, somewhere near spec, anyway it’s faster than my Jim Williams rise time checker, however but has a large and intermittent negative offset of about 1 volt.

Are there any known common fault modes for this that are easily repairable? Like hitting the input stage with a small hammer? I can almost null the offset out with the offset adjust.

Thanks,

George

Dave Casey

Have you tried running Signal Path Compensation (SPC) to see if the scope
will null it out for you?

Dave Casey