Topics

TDS8000 / CSA8000 ACQ Calibration Failed

dalek

Anyone had any success getting the calibration procedure to work on these? I purchased six of these units, they all had the normal things wrong (NVRam batteries, corrupt bios). Have go to the point where they all work but once they load the application they show ACQ recall failures, same on each one. Looking on the net other people have seen these but I am yet to find a remedy. Looking at the serial header on the PowerPC board I see after vxWorks loads:
0x2abb500 (aCalDiagExecutor): CCMgr: Recall ACQ cal constants failed!
0x2abb500 (aCalDiagExecutor): --> Initializing to defaults!
0x2abb500 (aCalDiagExecutor): CCMgr: Recall user ACQ comp data failed!
0x2abb500 (aCalDiagExecutor): --> Initializing to defaults!
The GPIB interface works, commands I have sent to try and make the machine happy and not report errors include:
syst:prot off
cal:save:fact:mai
cal:updateinfo:mai
syst:prot on

syst:prot off
comp:sav:fact:all
cal:save:fact:mai
cal:update:all
syst:prot on

:syst:prot off
:cal:save:fact:mai
:cal:updateinfo:mai
:syst:prot on

:syst:prot off
:comp:sav:fact:all
:cal:save:fact:mai
:cal:update:all
:syst:prot on

eevblog mentions in depth information on the 7404 which is similar but not fully helpful. I have tried the toggle switch on the PowerPC board in both positions with the above commands.