Topics

TDS540B switches during boot VGA output from color to monochrome

HK

Hi! I found my first Tek device, a TDS540B. After approx. 40 minutes the monochrome display collapses, but the VGA output is then still ok. Any idea what is going wrong? Looks like a power supply is going wild.
Anyway, my first question is: How to configure the device to send color to the VGA output. I noticed that during boot time for 2 seconds the output is colored! Even as the internal monitor is monochrome.
Is this device one of the problem childs with capacitor leakage?

Thank you for any help!
- Henry

Tam Hanna

Afaik normal behavior. The color 7xx has more memory. But there is a tutorial on eevblog how to work around it.
---
With best regards
Tam HANNA (emailing on a BlackBerry PRIV)

Enjoy electronics? Join 14k other followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

unclebanjoman

I'Hi,
see that topic:
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/message/157826
I think you have the same problem...

Max

HK

Yes, looks the same. Can you provide me with a transformer? I read that you have at least one left. How can I send a PM?
- Henry

unclebanjoman

Hi Henry,
I've just sent a PM to you!