TDS3064B "ripple" on calibrator signal

Running an up-hacked TDS3014B, and am seeing small amount of what I'll call
"ripple" on the top of the calibrator signal (i.e. the 5V part of the signal
- the 0V end is relatively stable by comparison). By "ripple" I mean it's
dancing up and down quite slowly (2Hz?) by about 1/2 a trace width, and the
Ch1 Max value switches between 5.16V and 5.20V.

Has anyone here seen this sort of behaviour before?

Thanks
David

Dave Peterson

David,

In my limited experience, I have seen this behavior before, but it's always been due to probe issues. Usually with a long ground lead. Readjusting the probe and ground for better connections at both ends has solved it for me. Hopefully that's all it is in your case. And sorry I don't have a better answer.

Dave

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 05:57:33 AM PST, David C. Partridge <david.partridge@perdrix.co.uk> wrote:

Running an up-hacked TDS3014B, and am seeing small amount of what I'll call
"ripple" on the top of the calibrator signal (i.e. the 5V part of the signal
- the 0V end is relatively stable by comparison).  By "ripple" I mean it's
dancing up and down quite slowly (2Hz?) by about 1/2 a trace width, and the
Ch1 Max value switches between 5.16V and 5.20V.

Has anyone here seen this sort of behaviour before?

Thanks
David

Unfortunately that isn't the problem ☹ Also tried other probes.

D.