Topics

TDS2024 LCD replacement question

Tom B

Hello All,

I need to replace an LCD in a TDS2024 (no letter).  There is a glass plate in front of the LCD.  Is that glued directly to the LCD panel or just to the metal frame around the LCD?

Tom Bryan

Tom B

Hell All,

Just an update in case it can help someone else.  The glass plate in front of the LCD in the TDS2024 (no letter) is not glued to the face of the display.  It is held on with foam mounting tape around the edge of the display.  The display change was easy. I was able to get suitable mounting tape at Home Depot. I replaced the LCD with one I got from Amazon and it works fine. The part number is KCS057QV1AJ-G39.

 One interesting thing is that if you search on ebay for an LCD for a TDS2024 the prices range from $150-$279.  If you search ebay for the same display by the part number the prices range from $53-$156.  The one I got was from Amazon (Prime) for $90 but I had it in 3 days and was shipped from the United States.

Tom

On 5/12/2019 9:45 AM, Tom B wrote:
Hello All,

I need to replace an LCD in a TDS2024 (no letter).  There is a glass plate in front of the LCD.  Is that glued directly to the LCD panel or just to the metal frame around the LCD?

Tom Bryan

Mark Jordan

Hi,

    Is there a firmware upgrade for the TDS2024 without USB port?

    Mark Jordan

On 5/12/2019 9:45 AM, Tom B wrote:
Hello All,

I need to replace an LCD in a TDS2024 (no letter).  There is a glass plate in front of the LCD.  Is that glued directly to the LCD panel or just to the metal frame around the LCD?

Tom Bryan

Tom B

Hi Mark,

Not that I know of.