Success! 5S14N becomes 5S14 with readout

Szabolcs Szigeti

Hi,

I have successfully retrofitted the 5S14N sampling plugin with readout for
use with the 54xx scopes, by basically recreating the 7S14 readout board
and wiring it in, thus creating a 5S14.

See the photos: https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/album?id=261631

If there is any interest, I'm willing to do a little description of the
project, and share the design files.
I have a couple of PCBs which I can give out for the price of the postage.
Mostly probably useful in the EU, elsewhere it will likely be cheaper just
to get them from China.

Let me know if anyone is interested, then I'll take the time in the coming
days to do a writeup on it, as while it is not a complex project, there
were some obstacles, which may be interesting to share.

Szabolcs

Szabolcs Szigeti

Hi,

I got some questions on this, so I did a short writeup on it, and also the
design files are available from there.
https://diysquared.blogspot.com/2021/03/readout-for-5s14n.html

Szabolcs

Szabolcs Szigeti via groups.io <szigiszabolcs=gmail.com@groups.io> ezt írta
(időpont: 2021. márc. 7., V, 19:43):

Hi,

I have successfully retrofitted the 5S14N sampling plugin with readout for
use with the 54xx scopes, by basically recreating the 7S14 readout board
and wiring it in, thus creating a 5S14.

See the photos: https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/album?id=261631

If there is any interest, I'm willing to do a little description of the
project, and share the design files.
I have a couple of PCBs which I can give out for the price of the postage.
Mostly probably useful in the EU, elsewhere it will likely be cheaper just
to get them from China.

Let me know if anyone is interested, then I'll take the time in the coming
days to do a writeup on it, as while it is not a complex project, there
were some obstacles, which may be interesting to share.

Szabolcs

Ke-Fong Lin

Congrats, awesome job!

Stephen

Awesome! Congratulations!!

Paul McClay

Thanks for taking the time to write it up!