Topics

Strange Probe ...

Mike Harmon

I have a very strange scope probe that I can't find any documentation for.

tt's a P6033 probe, the old style with the gray barrel and the threads for attaching the witch hat. The cable has a GR-874 connector for connection to the scope.
Information printed on the barrel is as follows: P6033, Trigger Probe, 010-099, 10X, 1.2 k ohm, 2pf. I have exhausted my resources looking for information on
this probe (old catalogs, Google searches, etc.). Everything I've seen skips right over the P6033. Now, I'm REALLY determined to find out what I have!

Can someone tell me what this thing is? What was it used for? What scope (or plugin) was it designed to be used with?

I don't really need it for anything. I was thinking, since I have several pieces of GR equipment, maybe I could re-purpose it into something I could use.

Please let me know if you can enlighten me on this thing!
Thanks!
Mike Harmon, WB0LDJ
mharmon at att dot net

Scott McGrath

Based on the connector it may have been used with the Tek 517/519 scopes. These were used primarily for nuclear research as they are the original ‘fast risetime’ scopes and all the terminals were GR-874’s. They were replaced by the 7104 in ‘78

You might consider donating the probe to the VintageTek museum

Content by Scott
Typos by Siri

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 06:11 PM, Mike Harmon wrote:

Please let me know if you can enlighten me on this thing!
See the manual here: http://hakanh.com/dl/temp/P6033.pdf

Sorry about the relative poor quality. it was made from microfiche using an EPSON Photo scanner
not having quite the high resolution needed. But better than nothing, I guess.

/Håkan

Hi Håkan,
Thanks for the P6033 manual.
The entire PDF appeared to download just fine in my web browser (Chrome) but I could only see the first 3 or 4 pages that way.
When I saved it to my hard disk I was able to see it all.
Dennis Tillman W7PF

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

Tom Gardner

On 07/09/18 23:33, zenith5106 wrote:
On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 06:11 PM, Mike Harmon wrote:

Please let me know if you can enlighten me on this thing!
See the manual here: http://hakanh.com/dl/temp/P6033.pdf

Sorry about the relative poor quality. it was made from microfiche using an EPSON Photo scanner
not having quite the high resolution needed. But better than nothing, I guess.
It is readable, not on the TekWiki, therefore definitely better than nothing!

Thanks.