Topics

Stan Griffiths estate sale

David DiGiacomo

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but Stan's daughter is trying to clear out his collection by February 27.

No connection except I read about it on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oldtekscopes/permalink/878380719616768

There are some photos there, and a note that there will be no shipping :(

David DiGiacomo

Here's an update that was posted:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oldtekscopes/permalink/878990222889151

Valarie Griffiths Brown -> Old Tek Scopes

Greetings, gentles. My father, Stan Griffiths (W7NI) was a huge fan of the old scopes, and amassed a HUGE collection of types, plug-ins, parts, and documentation. My understanding is that the Tek museum is not interested in any of it. We need to sell everything, and empty the back building down to the bare walls and floors for demolition, and we need to get this done soon. The one special scope container that I have was damaged the last time it was used, so I have no way to ship any of these things safely. Buyers will need to bring the cash they want to spend, and a vehicle large enough to carry their items away themselves, to our location in Aloha, Oregon. Please contact Paul Roder about meeting up with us at the house sometime next week, after the snow event. I want to keep this from become a super spreader event, so please make an appointment with Paul. I will post more pictures of things as soon as I can. Everything is AS IS, no refunds. I have no idea if anything works, so you may be buying a very large and fancy paperweight for all I know. There are tons of boxes of all manner of parts, again, they will be sold AS IS, no refunds. Trade amongst yourselves if you like.

Dad rescued these scopes from being dumped 20 - 30 years ago, buying up estate sales, and haunting auctions and liquidation sales. His intent was to restore a collection of pristine, just-off-the-assembly-line, instruments for a personal collection, and restore duplicates for others to own and enjoy. He literally wrote the book on this topic, and I only have one copy for my shelf that I plan to keep. Dad would be glad to know these things were in the hands of others with the same passion and respect for older technology. I look forward to meeting some of you in the coming days, and while we cannot shake hands, we can swap stories, and shake our heads in awe over the Cave of Wonders Dad made in the shop behind the house my sister and I grew up in.

Tam Hanna

Can anyone get me the contact data of the woman?

Maybe we can get her book reprinted. Plus, I have MANY followers in the USA and maybe they can buy some stuff. Would be a waste for it to go to the trash.

--
With best regards
Tam HANNA

Enjoy electronics? Join 15k7 other followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/

Vince Vielhaber

The sale is actually listed here. Someone named Paul is the go-between.

https://nextdoor.com/for_sale_and_free/9a88ac9d-a01c-41d8-b9c0-d60284d5cede/?init_source=chat

Vince.

On 02/11/2021 01:25 AM, Tam Hanna wrote:
Can anyone get me the contact data of the woman?

Maybe we can get her book reprinted. Plus, I have MANY followers in the
USA and maybe they can buy some stuff. Would be a waste for it to go to
the trash.

Dave Brown

Stans book is available at vintagetek. (I assume that’s the book being referred to- 'Selecting and Restoring a Classic')
DaveB, NZ

The sale is actually listed here. Someone named Paul is the go-between.

https://nextdoor.com/for_sale_and_free/9a88ac9d-a01c-41d8-b9c0-d60284d5cede/?init_source=chat

Vince.

On 02/11/2021 01:25 AM, Tam Hanna wrote:
Can anyone get me the contact data of the woman?

Maybe we can get her book reprinted. Plus, I have MANY followers in
the USA and maybe they can buy some stuff. Would be a waste for it to
go to the trash.
--
K8ZW http://www.metalworkingfun.com http://www.hamradio.fun

Grayson Evans

I hope this equipment goes to good hands! Stan has/had a tremendous collection of Tek scopes, plugins, parts, tubes, etc. and a TON of manuals. I visited his “shack”/warehouse several times and was always astounded. Stan’s passing was a big loss for us all.
Does anyone know of a way to get in touch with Paul Roder, the guy that posted the facebook info and is handling the disposal? I could find no contact info.
Grayson

Colin Herbert

Maybe you go to the "nextdoor" page and click "message the seller"? The photos make interesting looking, anyway.
Colin.