Topics

Stan Griffiths Craigslist Posting

I saw this today in Craigslist:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/beaverton-estate-radio-repair-shop-
sale/7055039838.html

The photo looks like this is Stan Griffith's collection and he is selling
it.
I also heard a rumor to this effect last week from a friend.
If this is Stan's I can say from seeing it many times that it is an enormous
collection.
Full disclosure: I am not involved in any way.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

Dan Cordova

Your link says there is nothing there...

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 11:07:21 AM PST, Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7PF> wrote:

I saw this today in Craigslist:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/beaverton-estate-radio-repair-shop-
sale/7055039838.html

The photo looks like this is Stan Griffith's collection and he is selling
it.
I also heard a rumor to this effect last week from a friend.
If this is Stan's I can say from seeing it many times that it is an enormous
collection.
Full disclosure: I am not involved in any way.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

Dale H. Cook

On 1/14/2020 2:20 PM, Dan Cordova wrote:

Your link says there is nothing there...
The line wrapped in Dennis' post
--
Dale H. Cook, Member, NEHGS, AGS, MA Soc. of Mayflower Descendants;
Plymouth Co. MA Coordinator for the USGenWeb Project

Mark Huffstutter

Wow, that is a Lot of equipment!
Could only be Stan's. Or the store room at Vintage Tek
Museum!

Mark
KB7WAL

I saw this today in Craigslist:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/beaverton-estate-radio-repair-shop-
sale/7055039838.html

The photo looks like this is Stan Griffith's collection and he is selling
it.
I also heard a rumor to this effect last week from a friend.
If this is Stan's I can say from seeing it many times that it is an
enormous
collection.
Full disclosure: I am not involved in any way.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

Dan Cordova

Okay, got it.
You have to copy and paste.

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 11:24:16 AM PST, Dale H. Cook <bridgewaterma@...> wrote:

On 1/14/2020 2:20 PM, Dan Cordova wrote:

  Your link says there is nothing there...
The line wrapped in Dennis' post
--
Dale H. Cook, Member, NEHGS, AGS, MA Soc. of Mayflower Descendants;
Plymouth Co. MA Coordinator for the USGenWeb Project
Administrator of https://plymouthcolony.net

greenboxmaven

It does not work. Nothing there

On 1/14/20 2:26 PM, Mark Huffstutter wrote:
Wow, that is a Lot of equipment!
Could only be Stan's. Or the store room at Vintage Tek
Museum!

Mark
KB7WAL

I saw this today in Craigslist:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/beaverton-estate-radio-repair-shop-
sale/7055039838.html

The photo looks like this is Stan Griffith's collection and he is selling
it.
I also heard a rumor to this effect last week from a friend.
If this is Stan's I can say from seeing it many times that it is an
enormous
collection.
Full disclosure: I am not involved in any way.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

Richard R. Pope

To whom it concerns,
You need to do a copy and paste of this complete URL. Clicking on the link will not work.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/beaverton-estate-radio-repair-shop-

sale/7055039838.html

GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 1/14/2020 1:36 PM, greenboxmaven via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Vince Vielhaber

It's there. Go to: https://seattle.craigslist.org/ and search for "beaverton estate" and it'll come up.

I copied the url, but it was the same as what Dennis posted.

Vince.

On 01/14/2020 02:20 PM, Dan Cordova via Groups.Io wrote:
Your link says there is nothing there...
On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 11:07:21 AM PST, Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7PF> wrote:

I saw this today in Craigslist:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/beaverton-estate-radio-repair-shop-
sale/7055039838.html

The photo looks like this is Stan Griffith's collection and he is selling
it.
I also heard a rumor to this effect last week from a friend.
If this is Stan's I can say from seeing it many times that it is an enormous
collection.
Full disclosure: I am not involved in any way.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

Richard R. Pope

Vince,
That will work but if you copy the complete url right up to the .html and then paste it that works also. It has to be this: minus the quotes.

On 1/14/2020 1:45 PM, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

[...]

n4buq

This link may be easier to use:

https://tinyurl.com/BeavertonSale

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

The photo looks like this is Stan Griffith's collection and he is selling
it.
I also heard a rumor to this effect last week from a friend.
If this is Stan's I can say from seeing it many times that it is an enormous
collection.
Full disclosure: I am not involved in any way.

Dennis Tillman W7PF

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

John Griessen

On 1/14/20 1:36 PM, greenboxmaven via Groups.Io wrote:
It does not work.
try again with explicit cut/paste required:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/
beaverton-estate-radio-repair-shop-sale/7055039838.html

Greg Muir

Now about the elephant in the room.....

Where will all of this remarkable stuff end up? I'm sure that the tube trolls will get their share.

And am I missing something? I don't believe that Stan passed away, did he?

Greg

Greg Muir

PS - in all of the above Craigslist URLS, the HTML addy is missing.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/beaverton-estate-radio-repair-shop-%20sale/7055039838.html

Greg

Carsten Bormann

On 2020-01-14, at 21:50, Greg Muir via Groups.Io <big_sky_explorer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

PS - in all of the above Craigslist URLS, the HTML addy is missing.
When posting Craigslist URLs, avoid wrapping long URLs by replacing the blathering part that is being ignored anyway:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/foo/7055039838.html

What a collection.

Grüße, Carsten

John Williams

I couldn’t find an address in the listing where all of Stan’s gear is.

Jason A.

Thank you for asking the obvious questions! I have Stan's book and genuinely wish I wasn't literally across the country.. the 500 plug-ins let alone the tubes sure make me wish I was closer! I hope Stan is just downsizing.

Vince Vielhaber

I now see what it was failing and wrapping. In the CL URL there's a space after shop- so it comes out as "shop- sale".

Vince.

On 01/14/2020 03:50 PM, Greg Muir via Groups.Io wrote:
PS - in all of the above Craigslist URLS, the HTML addy is missing.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ele/d/beaverton-estate-radio-repair-shop-%20sale/7055039838.html

Greg

Ryan Scott

Greetings to the group.
I have been at the sale the last 2 Saturdays and I can tell you it's fairly picked over.  The tube pirates have struck, the wall of tubes have been sold, and several scopes and plug ins have had the audio type tubes removed.  It's definitely worth going if you are looking for lots of parts, plug ins, as well as 500 series scopes, of course, minus some of the tubes.  Stan has an impressive collection, a lot of history in that shop.
Ryan, N7QJ

  K8ZW  http://www.metalworkingfun.com   http://www.hamradio.fun