Topics

Spectrum analyser

michel soldevila

Hi group,
Is there a place to discuss Tek spectrum analyser topics ? I own a venerable 491.
Regards
Michel (F1GOC)

Miguel Work

Hi!

I have two 491 too, what you want to know?

Find out more here: https://bit.ly/2zCJMrO

michel soldevila

Hi Miguel,
1. I would like to get the Tek user's manual ; the one I have was issued by the US army (TM 9-6625-2467-15).
2. I am unable to reproduce the phase locking tests described on page 2-7 of this manual. I wonder if it indicates a failure.
Regards

Miguel Work

Hi!

One of mines had a problem with the phase locked loop too. One of the vararactor diodes was shorted in the BAND C oscillator

Is the RF center frequency working?

When you push lock check and you moves the RF center frequency, you see DC level in screen?

I have two manuals, one is 109 Mb, the other one is the US Army that you have.

There are two versions of the BAND C oscillator, one with tube, and the other with transistor, solid state.

Manual:
http://w.ko4bb.com/getsimple/index.php?id=manuals&;dir=Tektronix/Tektronix_-_491_Spectrum_Analyzer

Band C varactor diode fix:

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/album?p=Name,,,20,1,20,0&jump=1&id=86588