Topics

source for blue filters for 2465 family scopes ??

bob

anyone know of a source for the blue crt filters that slid in front of the actual CRT ?

-bob

Jean-Paul

Bob

Search the exact part number on epay, ask Walter at Spehere Research in CA and Qservice in Greece.

As a kluge I have used a theatrical lighting gel, available in 2' square sheets in a huge selection of colors. You could cut dozens from one sheet.

Finally a local plastic firm like TAP Plastics may have colored acrylic sheet, the thickness is the problem.

Bon chance,

Jon

Michael A. Terrell

I bought some gel online. It arrived wrapped in brown paper, and so
wrinkled that I couldn't use it. I could only find clear plastic thin
enough to use. The thinnest blue was over twice the specified thickness. I
have thought about putting together something to ct a notch along the edges
to make them the right thickness, but they wanted to sell me a 4' by 8'
sheet of plastic. I also considered gel between two pieces of crystal clear
page protectors, like people are using to make face shields.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 4:00 AM Jean-Paul <jonpaul@...> wrote:

Bob

Search the exact part number on epay, ask Walter at Spehere Research in CA
and Qservice in Greece.

As a kluge I have used a theatrical lighting gel, available in 2' square
sheets in a huge selection of colors. You could cut dozens from one sheet.

Finally a local plastic firm like TAP Plastics may have colored acrylic
sheet, the thickness is the problem.

Bon chance,

Jon

Christian

I have a pile of misc scope filters - what's the exact PN you're looking for?

bob

EUREKA !!!

I found a source of film/plastic that almost completely imitates the original color film, and its CHEEEP !!

1 sheet thick seems to mimic the color of the factory quite closely, and if you like a darker blue color, put a second layer in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AXZ9M8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works GREAT !!!

-bob

Chuck Harris

Bear in mind that the blue does nothing to improve the
contrast of the beam on P31 phosphors. It was chosen
entirely for esthetic reasons. It matched the tektronix
blue color used as a corporate color scheme.

-Chuck Harris

bob wrote:

EUREKA !!!

I found a source of film/plastic that almost completely imitates the original color film, and its CHEEEP !!

1 sheet thick seems to mimic the color of the factory quite closely, and if you like a darker blue color, put a second layer in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AXZ9M8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works GREAT !!!

-bob

ekirkellis@...

I have a 2445 that I have parted out. It uses the same filter. I can send you the one I have for $10 plus postage.

Thanks
Kirk Ellis
Pikeville NC

mosaicmerc

I used to make these, I have a couple around.

No Charge...once I get it to the post office...

Ancel