Topics

Soul searching = Lab Purge

David Berlind

Hey all,

After dealing with some pretty serious health issues since March and looking around at my family, I have decided to devote more of my free time to activities with loved ones like sailing, making music, hiking, etc. and less time in my man cave with electronics. It's just something I have to let go of. Life is so precious and so are relationships and while this hobby and the members of this group have given me so much and my health is much better now, these last months have taught me that we can be taken from this earth in a blink of an eye and I should probably spend my time between now and then (whenever that is) on the things that really matter in my life; people. I will maintain a minimal lab so I can fix stuff from time to time. But I'm going to sell off most of my collection of gear and a good handful of old tube radios. Also, all my ham stuff. It will be a lot of work and probably take me through the winter to post all the information, photos, working condition, etc. But I just took a swing through the lab to make a few notes and I'd thought I'd share here what I am going to get rid off. This is NOT the complete list. It was just a casual stroll around the basement. I haven't set prices yet but would entertain non-low-ball numbers. I paid fair money for most of this stuff and it's not like I'm in a major hurry to get rid of it. I just don't want my wife to have to deal with it all by herself at some point in the hopefully very distant future. The mainframes are mostly loaded with very standard modules, nothing exotic (the 7633 is empty). I haven't thought about whether to sell the modules separately or keep the loaded mainframes intact. I live in Northeastern Massachusetts.

Tektronix
1 T935 (1 bent BNC jack)
2 547 (very clean and unmolested)
1 2220
1 466
1 7603
1 OS-245PU (ruggedized mil spec version of the 7603)
1 7603/R (to this group only, I will give this away since it was given to me by a member of the group. But you have to come get it. It's a backbreaker).
1 577 Curve Tracer

Other
HP Universal Counter 5335A
BK Precision Model 1601 Power Supply
Data Precision 5740 Frequency Counter
Heathkit IT-28
Heathkit IT-11
Telohmike T0-6
HP 200 CD
HP 200 AB
Kapco HB2AH Power Supply (very clean but needs work)
Heathkit IM-28 VTVM
HP 606B Signal Generator

David

Dave Daniel

David,

You don’t write where you are located.

DaveD

On Sep 27, 2020, at 12:23, David Berlind <david@...> wrote:

[...]

I did. But just in case you missed it northeastern Massachusetts.

On September 27, 2020 1:11:30 PM "Dave Daniel" <kc0wjn@...> wrote:

[...]

snapdiode

Life is short. I am also slowly unloading years of meaningless material cruft. It's a good thing.

Lawrance A. Schneider

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 10:52 PM, snapdiode wrote:

unloading years of meaningless material cruft
Like what? And where do you live?

larry

Ed (SCSKITS)

David:

May be interested in some of the HAM gear or the tube radios.
Send me a list off group when you get a chance.

Located in western CT...
Ed

Keith

Hi David,

I sure could use the TO-6. Mine is pretty long of tooth, and I like to have two of something I use regularly. As you know, these are rather hard to come by. I'm not rich, but I promise it would get a good home where it would definitely be used.

p.m. me to discuss terms?

Thanks,

Keith

snapdiode

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 08:31 AM, Lawrance A. Schneider wrote:

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 10:52 PM, snapdiode wrote:

unloading years of meaningless material cruft
Like what? And where do you live?

larry
Floppy drives, 5 inch LCD monitor, old PC case brackets, useless electronics parts like 30 year old MMICs... Junk.
Montreal.

David Berlind

Hi Ed,

there's essentially an entire hamshack of stuff including a Kenwood TS430S
and a handheld Yaesu FT. All kinds of stuff, power supply, mobile unit (for
a car), etc. I haven't picked through it yet. On the tube radios, I'll
have to get back to you in the next couple of weeks. I'll take pics. All of
them are physically in good or great shape. I haven't powered them up.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 5:18 PM Ed <@scskits> wrote:

David:

May be interested in some of the HAM gear or the tube radios.
Send me a list off group when you get a chance.

Located in western CT...
Ed

Richard in Edenton NC

You sure you don't want to keep one HF rig and something on 2 meters for an emergency? I almost got out of ham radio a few times over the 40+ years in the hobby. I even let my license lapse on purpose and ended up renewing it at the last minute. I am glad I did with having to social distance now. Plus being in eastern NC we get lots of hurricanes.

I get your point though and was raising kids and focusing on the family when I almost gave up the hobby.

Good luck to you with the family and enjoying your time with them.

73 Richard W4MCD