Topics

Sony Trinitron jugs in 650 video picture monitors

greenboxmaven

I have a couple of the 650 monitors, one regular and one 650HR. The jugs in both of them are so weak you can barely see a picture in a darkened room. Does anyone have a good one they would part with? Better yet, does anyone know the original Sony number so I could look for a couple of them in TVs or computer monitors? Like many of the waveform, vector scope, and picture monitors, they were turned on and left on for a couple decades. Mine are in a couple of Ampex video tape machines. Oddly, the waveform and vectorscopes have dazzeling traces, maybe they were changed out before I got the recorders. Both of them had bad "kickstart" condensers that kept the power supplies from starting. If you like huge boatanchors, studio video tape recorders are worth finding. They aren't today's HD, but they can show you how good 480i can be under ideal conditions. One the downside, they are loaded with "matchead" tantalum condensers, far too often marginally adequate for the voltage applied. You can definately get a bang out of them, but it isn't hard to find which one let go, just look for the dangling leads.

Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 04:41 AM, greenboxmaven wrote:

does anyone know the original Sony number so I could look for a couple of them in TVs or computer monitors?
This is info from the RPR:
65x: 154-0641-01 = Sony 330AB22 or 154-0641-02 = Sony 330AB27
65xHR: 154-0803-00 no info or 154-0858-00 = Sony SD-97F
65xA: same as 65x plus 154-0782-00 = Sony 7374-0222 or 154-0830-00 = Sony 7389-0222

/HÃ¥kan