From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Amaranth
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2020 11:53 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Fw: You have been removed from TekScopes@groups.io

Guys, will you stop quoting headers from my email? This is a public forum and, while the email addresses are obfuscated on the website, the dns names and IPs are not and there's no reason to enable harvesting bots.

If you have posted those headers in a reply, I ask that you either delete the message or edit it so the information is not available.

If not, I ask Dennis to delete those messages.

This is 2020, there's no reason to use real information when illustrating a point.

Paul

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Geoffrey Thomas

Apologies to all concerned, lesson learned.

Geoff.

On 02/11/2020 20:41, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:
Paul,
My apologies for including the Mailwasher detailed header information in my last post. I should have realized this was a mistake.
I have deleted it from TekScopes along with the other similar messages that included the Mailwasher detailed header information.
I believe that was an inadvertent mistake and not intentional.
To the members whose post I deleted because of the detailed header information that shouldn't have been there: Please feel free to resend your message without the detailed header information.
Dennis Tillman W7pF
Guys, will you stop quoting headers from my email? This is a public forum and, while the email addresses are obfuscated on the website, the dns names and IPs are not and there's no reason to enable harvesting bots.
If you have posted those headers in a reply, I ask that you either delete the message or edit it so the information is not available.
If not, I ask Dennis to delete those messages.
This is 2020, there's no reason to use real information when illustrating a point.
Paul

Paul Amaranth

Thanks Dennis (and others)! I know that was not intended; but these
things can snowball pretty quickly.

Thanks again! And now back to our regularly scheduled program ...

Paul