Topics

Scope carts- Stanford

Dave Seiter

I know Stanford now uses Govdeals to dispose of equipment; do they still have a walk-in office with items available?  I (try) to bid at many local auctions, but prices have gone crazy in the past year for anything interesting (like Tek gear).
-Dave

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:09:04 AM PDT, stevenhorii <sonodocsch@...> wrote:

Those of you who live near a university or college (with an engineering
department) it is worth checking to see if they have a property disposal
office that is open to the public. There are amazing bargains that can be
had at these. I picked up a complete petrological microscope at the
Stanford property disposal office for $150. I passed on a couple of
fully-loaded Imsai computers with the external floppy drives. $50 for it.
Check eBay to see what they sell for now. No Tek scopes at the time, but
they told me they do turn up.

stevenhorii

Dave,

Sorry, I don't know if Stanford still has a walk-in public property
disposal store. My visit there was at least 20 years ago. I agree
completely with you about pricing of desirable instrumentation -
particularly if it is still catalog merchandise.

Steve H