Topics

RM547 Twins

Shaun M

Just wanted to share with the group that I picked up a pair of RM547's for $cdn 33 + gasoline: About $cdn 88 ($usd 67) total cost. They are mechanically complete,have all their tubes and a patina of Alberta prairie dust. They were destined for the scrap pile otherwise.

The sight of the industrial scale metal shredding/recycling operation next door did not escape my notice when loading the twins into my vehicle. My best guess is that they were part of an estate that ended up at the electronic recycling depot.

Shaun M.

John Griessen

On 1/10/20 9:44 PM, Shaun M wrote:
They are mechanically complete,have all their tubes and a patina of Alberta prairie dust.
OK! I want to see before and after photos.

Richard Loken

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Shaun M wrote:

Just wanted to share with the group that I picked up a pair of RM547's for $cdn 33 + gasoline: About $cdn 88 ($usd 67) total cost. They are mechanically complete,have all their tubes and a patina of Alberta prairie dust. They were destined for the scrap pile otherwise.
And were did all this occur? I being in Alberta and all. And having a
547 (not RM) sleeping nearby.
--
Richard Loken VE6BSV : "...underneath those tuques we wear,
Athabasca, Alberta Canada : our heads are naked!"

Shaun M

Hi Richard,

Picked them up from the Calgary e-recycling depot. This is old Calgary (railroad and industrial) along Ogden Road SE. Heretically, I am an Edmontonian, but TEK ignores such petty boundaries.