Topics

recommended ESR meters these days

toby@...

On 2020-03-12 5:57 PM, ArtekManuals wrote:
Took out my (apparently not so) trusty ESR meter the other day and it
eyes had rolled back in its head and no amount of CPR would revive it..
Anyone bought one _*RECENTLY *_that they can recommend or warn me away
from?
I have been using this one. Seems to work well for LCR + ESR.

http://lcr.is-best.net/en/?i=1

No affiliation, just satisfied customer.

--Toby

Dave
manuals@...

toby@...

On 2020-03-12 5:57 PM, ArtekManuals wrote:
Took out my (apparently not so) trusty ESR meter the other day and it
eyes had rolled back in its head and no amount of CPR would revive it..
Anyone bought one _*RECENTLY *_that they can recommend or warn me away
from?
I have been using this one. Seems to work well for LCR + ESR.

http://lcr.is-best.net/en/?i=1

No affiliation, just satisfied customer.

--Toby

Dave
manuals@...

Mike D

I have the Peak and the DER, both work great. The DER has a lot more
functionality for the money, but the Peak is UK made and much better
construction.

Mike kd5rjz

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020, 5:10 PM Dale Chayes <dale@...> wrote:

Happy with my (few years old 2018 as I recall)
Keysight/Agilent/whateverthisweek U1731

Not inexpensive but not cheap.

Probably overkill for many.

-Dale

--
Dave
Manuals@...

Dale Chayes

Happy with my (few years old 2018 as I recall) Keysight/Agilent/whateverthisweek U1731

Not inexpensive but not cheap.

Probably overkill for many.

-Dale

On Mar 12, 2020, at 15:57 , ArtekManuals <manuals@...> wrote:

Took out my (apparently not so) trusty ESR meter the other day and it eyes had rolled back in its head and no amount of CPR would revive it.. Anyone bought one _*RECENTLY *_that they can recommend or warn me away from?

Dave
manuals@...

--
Dave
Manuals@...
www.ArtekManuals.com

Bill Sudbrink

+1 on the Peak.

I am using this one from Peak Elektronic Design in the UK for several years now. Very reliable, small, easy to use and it discharges caps safely also:
https://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/esr70-capacitor-esr-meter.html

Cheers,
Magnus

Took out my (apparently not so) trusty ESR meter the other day and it
eyes had rolled back in its head and no amount of CPR would revive it..
Anyone bought one _*RECENTLY *_that they can recommend or warn me away from?

Dave
manuals@...

--
Dave
Manuals@...
www.ArtekManuals.com

magnustoelle

Good Day Dave,
I am using this one from Peak Elektronic Design in the UK for several years now. Very reliable, small, easy to use and it discharges caps safely also:
https://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/esr70-capacitor-esr-meter.html

Cheers,
Magnus

Took out my (apparently not so) trusty ESR meter the other day and it
eyes had rolled back in its head and no amount of CPR would revive it..
Anyone bought one _*RECENTLY *_that they can recommend or warn me away from?

Dave
manuals@...

--
Dave
Manuals@...
www.ArtekManuals.com

David Holland

The DER DE-5000 appears to be still available:

https://www.amazon.com/5000-Handheld-LCR-Meter-accessories/dp/B00S298KJO

Mine isn't recent purchase (2017) but as far as I know, they're some of the
better LCR (and by proxy ESR) meters...

David

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 5:57 PM ArtekManuals <manuals@...>
wrote:

Took out my (apparently not so) trusty ESR meter the other day and it
eyes had rolled back in its head and no amount of CPR would revive it..
Anyone bought one _*RECENTLY *_that they can recommend or warn me away
from?

Dave
manuals@...

--