Topics

recommended ESR meters these days

David Kuhn

I want on - 8-). I just watched the YouTube video. I think I am ordering
one.

Dave

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:34 PM Randy.AB9GO <@AB9GO> wrote:

EDS-88A CapAnalyzer Series II

If you do alot of repair work it is the best ESR meter hands down. It's
not cheap but worth it. I own one and it's great. Mercedelectronics.com

Randy AB9GO

This message sent to you from my mobile device via speech-to-text
technology.

David Kuhn

" EDS-88A CapAnalyzer Series II

If you do a lot of repair work it is the best ESR meter hands down. It's
not cheap but worth it. I own one and it's great. Mercedelectronics.com"

It is $229 on their web site, $260 on ebay. I just ordered one direct from
their website.

That YouTube video definitely sells it.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:34 PM Randy.AB9GO <@AB9GO> wrote:

EDS-88A CapAnalyzer Series II

If you do alot of repair work it is the best ESR meter hands down. It's
not cheap but worth it. I own one and it's great. Mercedelectronics.com

Randy AB9GO

This message sent to you from my mobile device via speech-to-text
technology.

Dennis McCreery

Wow, $66.00 for shipping? Not for me!

Regards,

Dennis

Dave Daniel

I had a recent experience with excessive shipping charges.

I wanted to order some smoked Swiss cheese inline, which I can’t find here where I live but found at a very reasonable price online. The order total was ~$14, but when shipping and handling charges were added, the order total was $40. So I called the company on the telephone to complain. The person I spoke with took my order and charged me about $6 for shipping and handling (and the order was for 2x the amount of cheese I was trying to buy online).

So, the lesson was, call before giving up. It seems that many companies are aware of and sensitive to the problem of excessive shipping charges.

On Mar 17, 2020, at 18:51, Dennis McCreery <@dennismc> wrote:

Wow, $66.00 for shipping? Not for me!

Regards,

Dennis

Reginald Beardsley

Does anyone have experience with the EDS-89 LeakSeeker? It's no longer sold, but there are PCBs on ebay and kits of parts available from Dave Miga, the designer. Looks to be around $150 or so with a good case.

In a world where service data is often not available, that and the EDS-88A look very attractive with the potential to rescue a lot of stuff from an early grave without a lot of time invested in the repair.

Reg

David Kuhn

My shipping was $9.60 USPS. I am looking forward to it.

I am also looking for a Leakseeker 89A. No one is making that anymore.
EDS sells the parts for $99 and the PCB is one ebay for $30 and the case
for $35. I am tempted to order all that stuff an build one.

Dave

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 7:39 PM Reginald Beardsley via Groups.Io <pulaskite=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Does anyone have experience with the EDS-89 LeakSeeker? It's no longer
sold, but there are PCBs on ebay and kits of parts available from Dave
Miga, the designer. Looks to be around $150 or so with a good case.

In a world where service data is often not available, that and the EDS-88A
look very attractive with the potential to rescue a lot of stuff from an
early grave without a lot of time invested in the repair.

Reg

Lawrance A. Schneider

Dwayne Reid

Good day to all.

I just ran across this thread - I'm working my way through all the messages. But I thought I'd mention the little ESR meter I purchased a *very* long time ago. I just checked and it is still available.

<<https://www.flippers.com/BlueEsr.html>https://www.flippers.com/BlueEsr.html>

If I recall correctly, I purchased mine from John's Jukes in Vancouver, BC, Canada. But they are readily available.

Mine came as a kit - I had one of my junior engineers assemble it (he needed the practice). It works extremely well to this day.

One hint: touch both probes to one of the corner screws that hold the lid on before pressing the button to Zero the meter. The Phillips head socket holds the probe tips securely and provides a nice zero Ohm short for the probes.

dwayne

At 03:57 PM 3/12/2020, ArtekManuals wrote:
Took out my (apparently not so) trusty ESR meter the other day and it eyes had rolled back in its head and no amount of CPR would revive it.. Anyone bought one _*RECENTLY *_that they can recommend or warn me away from?

Dave
manuals@...

--
Dave