Topics

Printing Tek knobs

Robert Simpson

Does anyone have STL files for Tek Knobs? I was given a small 3D printer. This is my first 3D printer. It works easily, but I see that designing the object is the challenge. Note: please keep this thread about Tek knobs or other Tek plastic parts, as printer conversations can be done in other forums.
Bob

David Slipper

Hi, I too would like to print Tek knobs.

You mentioned other printing forums - I'd be very interested in joining
those - perhaps you could let me have the names or URLs ?
Off-list would probably be best to avoid swamping this topic.

Best regards,
David

On 05/07/2019 18:31, Robert Simpson via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone have STL files for Tek Knobs? I was given a small 3D printer. This is my first 3D printer. It works easily, but I see that designing the object is the challenge. Note: please keep this thread about Tek knobs or other Tek plastic parts, as printer conversations can be done in other forums.
Bob

.

Dan Cordova <danny_cordov@...>

Which knobs specifically are you wanting to print?

I'm on vacation until July 22nd and can send stl files when I get back home. Send an email if you haven't gotten any files by then.

G Hopper

I'd be interested in this too. I'd appreciate an off-list reply hearing
about suggested groups or forums for 3D printing.

Never thought about printing them myself until now!

Great topic!

Grant

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 12:52 PM David Slipper <softfoot@...> wrote:

Hi, I too would like to print Tek knobs.

You mentioned other printing forums - I'd be very interested in joining
those - perhaps you could let me have the names or URLs ?
Off-list would probably be best to avoid swamping this topic.

Best regards,
David

On 05/07/2019 18:31, Robert Simpson via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone have STL files for Tek Knobs? I was given a small 3D
printer. This is my first 3D printer. It works easily, but I see that
designing the object is the challenge. Note: please keep this thread about
Tek knobs or other Tek plastic parts, as printer conversations can be done
in other forums.
Bob

.

EJP

I'm thinking maybe we should start a folder system here for STL files. I have a couple.

EJP

David Slipper

Since I have seen a fair bit of Tek stuff on youknowwhobay with
missing/broken knobs it would be a very good idea given the availability
of 3d printers and printing "hubs".

Buying a "for parts" unit as a donor for a couple of knobs seems a bit
of an overkill.

I need a couple of knobs for my 2225 - I can probably design them for 3d
printing, but it would save a lot of time if they already exist.

The only problem would be colour matching - but spraying/painting should
be relatively easy.

Dave

On 06/07/2019 00:27, EJP wrote:
I'm thinking maybe we should start a folder system here for STL files. I have a couple.

EJP

.

Mlynch001

Like many, I am very interested in 3D printing knobs for my TEKTRONIX equipment. I have extensive experience with a 3D printer and would like to see the STL files and attempt a print.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Paul Amaranth

There's a six page thread on eevblog on this; there are a few stl files
referenced throughout the thread.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/replacement-knobs-feet-and-fittings-for-test-equipment/

It would be nice to actually have a single point resource on this.

Paul

On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 04:27:33PM -0700, EJP wrote:
I'm thinking maybe we should start a folder system here for STL files. I have a couple.

EJP

!DSPAM:5d1fdcef45782901930394!
paul@... | Unix & Windows

Scott Scheirman

Does anyone have STL files for Tek Knobs?
www.thingverse.com <http://www.thingverse.com/> has STL files for ~50 Tektronix items (maybe more, I just searched for Tektronix.

I hope it helps.

Scott

John Griessen

On 7/5/19 8:26 PM, Paul Amaranth wrote:
It would be nice to actually have a single point resource on this.
I think tekwiki is a great place for STL versions of Tek knobs...
but a single URL for Tek knobs in all the world? May not happen...

A Rhodes

Actually a single URL for all the TEK STL files in the world is not an impossible task depending on copyright.

But those with open copyrights COULD be collected and placed in a single location as they get found by people.

Probably best to have both a link to the original source AND the STL file itself. Links tend to disappear over time but designs also tend to be updated over time. So having both recorded is probably the best way to preserve the info as best as possible.

For those more restrictive copyrights, maybe keeping a copy of the file is impossible, then only the link would be recorded.

Bob Headrick

It is actually Thingiverse. Try this link:
https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=tektronix

- Bob Headrick